Recently

23 February 2019

Hair Necessities Liquid Conditioner



Ever since I started buying from Lush, I have always maintained that they've never offered much in the way of conditioners for vegan customers. While it took me over two years to work my way through their range of solid and liquid shampoos, I was finished with their conditioners within the first few months, and I've always strayed to other companies because there was nothing that supported my hair over a long period of time. 

For this reason, you can imagine my excitement when a selection of brand new colourful bottles appeared online during last month's Lush Labs release: Five brand new, all-vegan conditioners for me to try and convince me that I could finally move back to Lush for almost everything cosmetic-wise.

Unfortunately, I picked Hair Necessities as my first choice, and I'll be honest and say that I have been rather disappointed with the results of my hair so far. That's not to say that what I have found using this over the last two weeks, is a good representation of what will happen to everybody's hair. However, my experience using this was not what I'd hope it would be.

Firstly, the smell of this conditioner is very sickly, and there were times when I wasn't always in the mood to use something so potent in the shower. Featuring maple syrup and sweet potato as two of the main ingredients, the smell you get from the bottle is probably very close to how you'd imagine it would be.

Super sweet and rather sultry, there is something rather foody about this smell, yet the inclusion of the jasmine absolute adds a floral layer that makes the fragrance of this rather odd. Customers have compared it to the likes of Butterball and Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. However, I would describe it as being closer in scent to the likes of the Snowcake family, if the Benzoin Resinoid decided to take over the world and triple in scent.

Luckily, the scent of this does dampen down once you've applied it to the hair, and the smell you get after you've rinsed it from your locks is far nicer and a little more tame. As my latter statement suggests, the aroma of this does linger on your hair for many hours after you've used Hair Necessities, which is great for those who enjoy the conditioner.

Apart from the smell, this limited edition is supposed to work well with those who have rather weak, dry, thin hair; or a combination of the three; and are looking for something extra special to thicken and strengthen the hair; add shine and moisture back into your locks; and help to prevent split ends from reoccurring or getting any worse.

As someone who has rather thin, brittle and weak hair, Hare Necessities sounded like a dream. Unfortunately, after using this every other day for about two to three weeks, I found that my hair appeared even drier than before, and my ends didn't improve at all when it came to how brittle they felt beforehand. 

Having recently began to use another conditioner before this one, I had noticed that my hair was beginning to feel softer and smoother to the touch. It was also beginning to look slightly more voluminous, although it was in the early stages of doing so. After using Hair Necessities for only a matter of days, this softness and shine disappeared, and my hair looked and felt limp. I was no longer able to wear my hair down without the 'frizz' taking over: the impact that I noticed was hugely disappointing, and two weeks after beginning to use this Lush Labs release, I had to stop and try something else. 

Ultimately, everybody's hair is going to react differently to the products released from Lush, and I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be put off buying a product when it could work wonders for them. Unfortunately, Hare Necessities just didn't work for me at all, and I would hate for anybody's else hair to appear as lifeless as mine did - especially as I had worked so long to get mine to be where I wanted it to be. 

While the smell lasts a long time, and the sentiments behind the ingredients are promising to read, this limited edition just didn't work for my hair type. Perhaps used alongside another, more powerful conditioner, this may have merits for those looking for something a little less intense on the hair from time to time. But as a regular conditioner, I cannot imagine this supporting the hair over a longer period of time.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Maple Syrup, Sweet Potato Puree, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethyl Macadamiate, Propylene, Glycol, Perfume, Behentrimonium chloride, Almond Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cassie Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Cetrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £8.95 for 100g, £17.95 for 250g, £29.95 for 500g, £50.95 for 1kg.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP