Recently

11 February 2019

Chick FUN Egg Bath Bomb






One of four limited edition 'egg bombs' this year, Chick FUN Egg is a playful product for those who are perhaps looking for something a little different from the usual edible chocolate feast that Easter is now associated with. Whether you've given up sugar for Lent, or simply want to indulge your skin during the festive season, this beautiful exclusive will leave your skin feeling newly hatched.

Sharing its scent with the Ladybird Bubble Bar, this larger-sized bath bomb contains a strange concoction of peppermint and geranium: two components that you wouldn't necessary pair together by choice, and quite possibly wouldn't expect the fragrance that does come from doing so.

Much like its older sibling, Chick FUN offers a playful sweetness that you may associate with some of Lush's more sickly fragrances. Snow Fairy springs to mind when I think of one of the first notes that hit my senses, but this soon merges alongside the geranium to offer a delicate floral component as well. 

As with the bubble bar, the peppermint once again sits beneath these other notes - offering both a cooling underbite without being too harsh or 'mint-like' overall. Together, these ingredients create an unexpected aroma that offers something a little different in this bath bomb format. In fact, I found that I preferred this scent in Chick FUN, as opposed to the aforementioned bubble bar, as the powdery element gave the fragrance more of a creamy, musky aroma.

What is great about this limited edition is that it's very easy to use this across two baths, as each half works beautifully by itself, and creates a good solid colour in the water. The FUN Bar is also enjoy to use across multiple baths, so this too can be halved with ease. While the initial price tag may deter some consumers from trying this one out, when used across two baths, the cost doesn't seem as excessive.

In the water, this limited edition began fizzing immediately: sending out trails of vivid yellow and orange across the surface. Much like the other 'egg bath bombs' this year, Chick FUN also contained a handful of popping candy, which crackled away during most of the time I spent in the tub, and added an extra layer to my overall experience. Once fully dissolved, which took under a minute to do so, you're left with a vibrant shade of orange to submerge yourself beneath.

Unlike Brontosaurus FUN Egg, I didn't find that this bath bomb was as moisturising on my skin, although that's not to say that it was by any means drying. While I did feel the need to moisturise afterwards, the bath bomb did leave my skin feeling clean and soft afterwards. While I wasn't really able to smell much of this bath bomb on my body afterwards, the mini FUN bar in the middle did leave a wonderful smell that I was able to detect for a long time after towelling myself down. Had I used this as a bubble bar, as opposed to a replacement for my shower gel, I'm sure I probably would have got more out of the smell overall. 

Despite its price tag, Chick FUN Egg Bath Bomb offers you a great experience for your money: a visual display; sound effects; beautiful colours; multiple uses and versatility; not to mention the cute little added bonus of a chick-shaped piece of FUN to set your inner (and outer) child ablaze. I'm sure this will not be the last we see of this one!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cornflour, Talc, Popping Candy, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Geranium Oil, Peppermint Oil, Water (Aqua), Dipropylene Glycol, Perfume, Colour 47005, Colour 15510, Candy Eye.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £8.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




 coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP