Recently

8 February 2019

Goddess Washcard




It's become normal now to see wash cards accompany nearly every one of Lush's regular perfume releases, and I'm hard-pressed to remember a time when that wasn't the norm within the community. Yet I also remember the time when the introduction of the wash card itself brought about a lot of confusion for consumers.

On the surface, the concept behind these little cards of apple pulp is a great one. For a mere £2, customers can opt to buy one of these cards and try out the smell in the shower, before they decide whether or not they wish to invest in a more expensive bottle of the actual fragrance itself. When you look at these cards in this light, they appear to be a great idea.

Another great fact about these wash cards is that they're perfect for travelling with, as they can slip in a side pocket, or somewhere equally as small, and there isn't a worry that there'll be any leakages during transit. I've even been known to take them on planes in my hand luggage and then used them to freshen myself up in the toilets during my long haul flight. Again, another great reason for the existence of these little cards.

All of that aside, for somebody who doesn't wish to buy any of the perfumes, or has any plan to travel abroad, these little wash cards are simply novelties that don't exactly give you much for the money you spend, no matter how little that may be to you.

As with all of Lush's new innovative wash sheets/cards, this one is made up of apple pulp and an array of essential oils. Simply tear off a small piece (about the size of the circumference of one of Lush's solid perfume tins) and add a little water to the mix. The sheet will foam up rather quickly and produce a creamy lather that can then be massaged across the body.


Being greedy, I opted for using the whole sheet in a single shower, and I can honestly say that it created enough foam to last across several showers - as it claims to do. However, the fragrance was very weak throughout my shower, and every time I used another product, I was no longer able to smell this on my skin or hands. As you can imagine, there wasn't any trace of this on my skin after I had towelled myself down, and neither was it moisturising enough to say that it made much of a difference as well.

Ultimately, I would only buy this again if I was going for a short weekend break and wanted to take minimum items with me. This certainly doesn't replace a shower gel, cream or indeed a soap, and is only really worth the money if you're unsure whether or not your want to buy the solid perfume.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Apple Pulp, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hydroxy propyl methyl, cellulose, Perfume, Sodium polyacrylate, Jasmine Absolute, Osmanthus Absolute, Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Cornstarch, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, DRF Alcohol, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 77491, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP