Recently

25 February 2019

Fix Vegan Protein Shampoo



During the showcase last year, one of the products I was most drawn to was the 'hair marshmallows': a brand new invention that felt as light as a feather, yet claimed to have all of the ingredients needed to leave your hair looking and feeling superb. After managing to secure the majority of the ones available, it didn't take me very long to realise that Lush were true to their word: these odd-shaped blocks were the perfect remedy to my hard-to-please hair. 

After disappearing from the showcase in a matter of minutes, I assumed that this would be the last I would see of these bars. That was until a couple of months ago, when Lush released four completely different ones through the Lush Labs section of their website.

What I will start by saying is that there is definitely a difference in the consistency of these new designs. Although still as light as a feather, there is something a little more sturdy about both Fix, and the other three variations. After arriving home from the showcase, I was gutted to find nearly all of my marshmallows were in pieces, and it was a nightmare trying to store them between uses. However, these new editions need only be stored in a container and they wont leave a stain, or crumble as soon as the bar makes contact with water.

Out of the four new protein bars, Fix was definitely at the top of my list to try, despite the fact that it had been designed for those with lighter coloured hair - much like Daddy-O, which it appears to share its scent with. It would definitely be interesting to pair this up with the liquid shampoo, as I can imagine it would work wonders if the two were used in unison.

Smell wise, the inclusion of both the violet leaf absolute and rosewood oil gives Fix a naturally sweet violet aroma. A little grassy, yet naturally sweet at the same time, this limited edition is like a tame version of Kerbside Violet. There is something slightly warming and woody about the aroma; but equally there is also a delicate floral aroma that stops this from being overly strong or sickly.

To use, you simply need to wet your hair and then massage the whole bar across your head, very much like you would a bar of soap across your skin. Fix begins to lather up immediately and will coat your hair with a layer of thick, fragrant lather to massage across your head and scalp. You barely need to use this before you'll have enough to cover your hair in its entirety, so it's worth doing this out of the way of the running water so that you can preserve the product for longer.

Once on your hair, you can use your fingers to massage it around, as you would do a normal shampoo, before rinsing it out and using a conditioner as per normal. If, like me, you fancy stepping away from using conditioner for a while, this protein shampoo bar will leave your hair looking and feeling really clean and crisp to the touch. 

While not particularly moisturising, at least not to my hair, I did notice a huge improvement in my split ends after the first few times of using it. There was something about my hair that made it feel stronger, a more resilient, and this was most noticeable when I returned from being in India and found that this was the only shampoo bar that made a difference to my dried-out mess.

What was great about Fix was that the inclusion of the lemon juice really did both leave it feeling soft, and offered up a delicate shine to my hair, which I find really difficult to achieve with most products. Furthermore, I found that I barely had to use any of the protein bar to get the results that I wanted. This meant that a single block, while initially expensive, actually lasts many months - perhaps even a little longer than one of Lush's regular cylindrical shampoo bars.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed using Fix Protein Shampoo and I am definitely glad that I stocked up on a few of these before they disappeared from the website. If these make their way into a store near you, I would highly suggest that you pick up a sample and experience it for yourself: it's a great way to restore and replenish your hair in a new and exciting way.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Coco Sulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, Aquafaba, Roman Chamomile Flower Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Ethyl Macadamiate, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Arginine HCL, Leucine, Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Guar Gum, Rosewood Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium chloride, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, *Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Geraniol, *Linalool, Colour 60725.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £15.95 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP