Recently

4 February 2019

Raspberry Milkshake Soap (2019 Edition)




As I've said before in the past, sometimes the aesthetics of a product can influence how you feel about it just as much as it's fragrance and productivity. When it comes to this updated soap, I definitely gained much more of a rapport with the product this time around, and I'm glad that Lush chose to bring it back for a second season.

Lush have said in the past that raspberry-scented products are actually rather difficult to make, as the the current components available to create such a smell are not very vegan friendly on the most part. Therefore, consumers haven't seen too many products with the raspberry fragrance brought out over the years.

This makes Raspberry Milkshake Soap an amazing feat in itself then, as the scent of this limited edition is simply divine. However, much like I stated in my review of the original soap, this product doesn’t exactly smell like a raspberry milkshake: more like a wonderful fruity cocktail or a rich and rather expensive smelling juice made from nothing but raspberries and lemon juice. This is not at all creamy or ‘milky’ - instead offering a bright and very juicy aroma that will have you fighting yourself not to take a big bite of the soap.

This is not like anything that Lush have released before. With very little to compare it to, I can safely say that it is nothing like the Mumkin scent at all, although there is a berry-esque element to the soap that comes out in the shower and reminds me of the same note that Mumkin offers: Raspberry Milkshake is far richer and much more sultry on the senses.

What makes this soap so effective is the impressive list of ingredients that have gone into making it. As well as adding to the overall scent, the lemon oil brings clarity to the skin, cleans the pores and helps to add a little radiance; the inclusion of the almond milk calms the skin and reduces the appearance of rashes or irritated skin. The davana oil is a natural relaxant, to calm any tensions in the shower, whilst also acting like a antiseptic to clean the skin thoroughly.

What is also great about this soap is that the design naturally works well when using it in the shower. Too often I find that blocks of soap slide around in my hands, and I'm constantly playing a game of 'how many seconds can I clean my skin before I drop it again' - which isn't fun at all. However, this limited edition fit perfectly in the palm of my hand and was super easy to lather up. Even when the soap began to shrink a little, I didn't find it at all fiddly to use, which is definitely a step up from last year's pink slab.

Aesthetically pleasing, this soap also worked well at leaving my skin really clean and crisp, without it feeling parched or dry. While I still had to apply a body lotion afterwards, this is more a reflection of my skin's needs as opposed to the product itself. 

Finally, I was impressed to find that I could still smell a gentle raspberry aroma on my body afterwards - an experience I wish I could extend in the form of a lotion or perfume. This is definitely a lovely addition to the wonderful Mother's Day range this year, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before other products with this fragrance make an appearance, which gets my backing completely.

Quantitative Ingredients: Almond Milk, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Fresh Raspberry Juice, Davana Oil, Tagetes Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Titanium Dioxide, Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 19140, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £7.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP