Recently

17 April 2019

Fantabulosa Liquid Perfume



With the recent release of the Gold Label perfumes, I really feel as if consumers are being given an incredible opportunity to experience a piece of Lush history: one that I genuinely thought was forever lost in the past. Sometimes it's beneficial to bring a little history into the present moment, and this is one of those such occasions.

When I first heard the name Fantabulosa (originally called Ladyboy) my immediate thought went to the popular fizzy drink. The very thought of a perfume encompassing the sweet, juiciness of fizzy orange soda was enough to make me salivate. In fact, I convinced myself so much that this is what the perfume would smell like that, for those who have experienced this retro scent before, you can imagine my confusion when this little beauty finally found its way into my life. To put it simply, this fragrance couldn't be any farther away from what I initially envisaged.

From the bottle, my first impression was that of a perfume overly consumed by a strong thread of oakmoss. There was something very damp and earthy about the fragrance, which made it a very heavy and overpowering. Coupled with a naturally sweet and slightly grassy violet note, the heaviness of the perfume is definitely not one that would appeal to everyone.

Having said that, when the perfume is given the freedom to breathe on your skin, something magic happens. Firstly, the oakmoss takes a little step back, and while it is still there, it offers more of a base for the other components to perform on. Then a strangely alluring but equally sticky-sweet note of banana comes through, which elevates the fragrance overall and gives it so much character. 

As I mentioned above, the violet leaf continues to deliver its sweet but slightly grassy floral notes, but on the skin it softens a little and creates something very comforting and beautiful. Alongside this, the chamomile offers a calming herbal smell that dances between the other notes and brings the perfume together.

Simply put, Fantabulosa is incredibly complex and interesting: a perfume that stands alone as being a truly incredible experience. This is one of those fragrances that takes you on a powerful journey with every wear, and one that I can never being chosen lightly. I don't think even the world's best wordsmith would be able to do this as much justice as trying it out for yourself would. You need to experience it to truly understand when I say that it's a work of art.

As to be expected, the perfume remained on my skin for ages: eventually wearing off some five hours after I had initially applied it. During this time, I received many compliments from strangers in shops and on the streets, and I felt the power and responsibility that comes with wearing such a signature scent. 

Why this perfume was ever relegated to the darkest vaults of Lush's past, and made to sit there going unnoticed, I will never know. I can only hope old and new Lush fans will now have a chance to make this a regular part of their Lush collection, and I only hope it doesn't disappear before I buy myself another couple of large bottles. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Chamomile Blue Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Seaweed Absolute, Oakmoss Absolute, Violet Leaf Absolute, Oakmoss Extract, *Limonene.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £39 for 30ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


2 comments

  1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
    Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
    including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
    Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
    500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
    forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
    any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
    contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
    IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
    ORGANIZATION

    Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

    Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
    Email : join666cult@gmail.com

    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
    BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
    THANKS...

    ReplyDelete

  2. TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

    ReplyDelete


UP