Recently

13 April 2019

Yog Nog Shower Jelly




It is not very often that genuinely crave something foody from my cosmetic products, despite having a sweet tooth that would rival just about anybody I know. While I appreciate it when Lush bring out something that smells very dessert-like, it doesn't normally take me very long to find myself bored of the fragrance, and craving more fruity or patchouli-based aromas. 

However, when Lush brought out the limited edition Yog Nog Body Lotion last year, it made me realise just how much I enjoyed smelling like a decadent pudding. Every.Damn.Day. There is honestly not a day that goes by that I don't open the lid and give it a little sniff: determined to make it last until it hopefully resurfaces again in the near future. The same could definitely be said for this latest release as well.

Yog Nog Shower Jelly is not only pure perfection both inside and outside of the tub, but it acts as a healthier replacement for when I'm craving something sugary and don't want to cave into my body's demands. Obviously, there are times when I allow myself to inhale a line of vegan cheesecakes or munch my way through half a shop worth of Bourneville chocolate: everything in moderation, right? However, during those times when it's not possible to divulge head first into something sweet, this shower jelly is the perfect remedy. 

Although I happen to love everything from this fragrance family, the aforementioned body lotion and now this shower jelly are my favourite formats by far. To my nose, this shower jelly smells like the world's best golden biscuit base; layered with a lavish amount of creamy, buttery toffee; and topped off with a drizzle of maple syrup. And now we're onto cheesecakes again...

Yog Nog Shower Jelly is like a buttery tub of rich fudge mousse with a comforting layer of cinnamon interlaced throughout. A sugary note of maple syrup adds a treacle-like richness to it - almost as if it's been drizzled over the top, while a thick, wholesomely warm layer of toffee brings all of the smells together. While you cannot smell the cocoa butter, and I wouldn't say there was anything chocolately about this fragrance, the cocoa butter definitely does make the lotion but physically thick, and bulky in how much of an aroma it gives off.

The fact that this exclusive jelly is pale yellow just adds to the allure of the product overall, and there were times when I felt myself tempted to take a huge bite out of it, in the hope that it tasted as good as it smelt. It's been almost two months now and I haven't relented, but that's not to say that the possibility of it happening have completely dispersed.

While this shower jelly is slightly more stubborn at foaming up than the other exclusive jellies, it does produce a slightly oily but very fragrant lather to massage over your skin with. Although it can be a little fiddly, I found that either blending it up with a little water to create a shower gel; or cutting it up into smaller pieces to use individually, worked far better than trying to hold the whole thing in the shower at once. And when I say you need a minuscule amount, I mean that I was taking pieces that were the size of raisins in the shower and being able to wash my entire body from the foam created - meaning I've been using this beauty for the last three weeks and I have barely made a dent in the tub at all.

This release has only made me want Lush to bring out a shower gel version of this scent even more, and I only hope it makes an appearance very soon. Fans of the other Yog Nog scented products will relish in getting their hands on a wibbly wobbly jelly version of this smell, and I for one will be buying many more of these until they are gone. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Fair Trade Organic Clove Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Maple Syrup, Clove Bud Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, *Eugenol, *Linalool, Colour 19140:1, Colour 77491, Colour 77499, Colour 77492.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £9.95 for 240g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.





2 comments

  1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
    Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
    including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
    Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
    500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
    forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
    any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
    contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
    IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
    ORGANIZATION

    Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

    Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
    Email : join666cult@gmail.com

    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
    BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
    THANKS...

    ReplyDelete

  2. TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.

    ReplyDelete


UP