Recently

28 April 2019

I Want A Pony Bath Oil




Thanks to Lush's aptly named I Want A Pony Bath Oil, I now have Veruca Salt's pretentious-sounding voice in my head, reminding me that there's so much ugliness to come from greed and being ungrateful. Thankfully, for those who have either read or watched Roald Dahl's famous Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, you'll know that being spoilt has its consequences. 

This brand new edition of Lush's ever increasing bath oil collection is not only super cute but happens to host The Comforter fragrance at the same time. Fans of this classic fruity smell will not only appreciate the fact that their favourite scent has made it into a new format, but will also be excited to hear that it near on replicates the original bubble bar down to a tee. 

When this Lush Labs exclusive arrived, I'll be honest and say that the scent wasn't as strong as some of the other little oils that I have sampled from Lush. However, once this bath oil has been absorbed into the water, the smell you get is far stronger than the initial whiff.

For those who have yet to experience anything in The Comforter scent, I Want A Pony has a musky, fruity blackcurrant scent coupled with a gentle touch of cypress oil to make it slightly even sweeter and warming. There is something so simple about this aroma that makes it one of Lush's most popular smells, and with good reason.

In the water, this little bath oil floated around on the surface, sending out little waves of pink oils from time to time. Once fully dissolved, which took a good twenty minutes, the bath oil had left the water very delicate shade of pink. If you expect your tub to be filled with vibrant-coloured water, you will be sorely disappointed. However, the purposed of Lush's bath oils and melts is to infuse the water with an extra dosage of skin-softening butters, so I wasn't surprised when my water was rather boring to look at.

What I did find was that the oils and butters tended to float across the surface and I needed to swish the water around to help them to absorb. However, once they had disappeared into the water, the water was definitely more moisturising than it would have been without the oil.

Unlike some of Lush's greasier bath oils, I Want A Pony didn't leave any slimy marks around the edge of the tub, and also didn't leave my body greasy at all. Instead, my skin was left feeling super soft and smooth, and while not the most moisturising of bath oils, I did notice a difference to my skin when I towelled myself down.

Unfortunately, the scent in the water didn't last particularly long, and I wasn't able to smell it after about ten minutes. As you would expect, this meant that the fragrance didn't transfer to my skin either, so I left the bath without the beautiful blackcurrant scent that I was hoping for.

To conclude I will say that this is a great edition to Lush’s extensive bath oil collection, and I can imagine fans of The Comforter Bubble Bar will want to add one of these to their already wonderful baths. While I don't think I would choose this over some of Lush's other melts and oils, it was a pleasant experience that I would like to try again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Laureth 4, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Lauryl Betaine, Bergamot Oil, Blackcurrant Absolute, Cypress Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £2.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



coming soon!


1 comment

  1. It is a well-known fact that Illuminati consist of Multi Millionaires,
    Billionaires who have major influence regarding most global affairs,
    including the planning of a New World Order. Many world leaders,
    Presidents, Prime Ministers, royalty and senior executives of major Fortune
    500 companies are members of Illuminati. join a secret cabal of mysterious
    forces and become rich with boundless measures of wealth in your company or
    any given business, the great Illuminati can make everything possible just
    contact : join666cult@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(646)481-0376 EL
    IAI LEXION Thaddeus Iam Vice-President of Citizen Outreach THE ILLUMINATI
    ORGANIZATION

    Do not hesitate to contact us by WhatsApp.

    Whatsapp: +1(646)481-0376
    Email : join666cult@gmail.com

    BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REGISTRATION FEE AND YOU MUST
    BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.
    THANKS...

    ReplyDelete


UP