Recently

27 September 2014

Party Popper Ballistic

 

For some reason, Christmas 2012 was a party year for Lush. Not only did they treat us to the rather interesting Crackersnap Ballistic, but they also spoilt us with this unique and rather beautiful Party Popper, both bath bombs in aid of 'having a good time'. 

To look at, you wouldn't automatically assume that it was a Christmas product, as there's nothing about it's demeanour that demonstrates this. Instead, I would say it would probably work better as a New Year 's Eve bath bomb. Either way, I remember getting rather excited over this when it was first revealed, and I bought a number of them on the theory that they'd smell as good as they looked. 

Containing bergamot, tangerine and rose oils, this is a product designed to uplift and revive your senses before a night out. The ballistic was designed to help you get ready for a party, and these ingredients help to do just that. There's rapeseed and coconut oils which moisturise and soften your skin, while popping candy adds a bit of a party atmosphere to get the ball rolling. Furthermore, there's both tangerine oil and honeydew melon, both of which add a fruity fragrance to the mix. 

The best thing about Party Popper is it's scent; a fruity, fizzy bergamot and tangerine, which reminded me of cocktails and champagne. There was an almost sharp tang to the fragrance which gave it an air of sophistication whilst still containing the playfulness of the citrus fruits underneath. Finally, there's a subtle warmth of the melon, which compliments the other scents and adds to it's overall fruity smell. 
Despite it's vivid design, once this ballistic had fizzed away and dissolved, what was left was simply a bath of bright pink water with different coloured confetti floating on the surface. What is interesting is that, when I researched this ballistic, I discovered that the confetti is made from honeydew melon and soap, which meant that it dissolved slowly and didn't leave any annoying clumps of debris around the plughole. It also meant that I could scoop clumps of the confetti into my hands and use it as soap to clean my skin. 

Party Popper really did soften the water and leave my skin feeling beautiful, which wasn't something I'd normally expect with a bath bomb. Although it's unique scent stayed with me throughout my entire bath, it didn't seem to linger on my skin. Whilst normally this would have annoyed me a little, I realised that it meant I could apply my own perfume without worrying about it clashing with this smell. So for that reason, I actually welcomed the lack of scent for once.
Ultimately, I would love this bath bomb to come back. It's design was unique and interesting, it's scent was wonderful and different to most other bath bombs that Lush release, and it left my skin feeling soft and refreshed. Furthermore, I loved the confetti decorations but also loved that they were biodegradable so left nothing to clean up afterwards.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Honeydew Melon, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Tangerine Oil, Rose Oil, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Water, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 14700, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.






No comments

Post a Comment


UP