Recently

18 April 2017

Cafe Latte Bath Bomb




It's thanks to Lush that I now incorporate a daily dosage of coffee into my life. Before I became heavily involved in the company, I had no interest in drinking the famous brew; nor did I appreciate anything that tasted or smelt like the popular beverage. However, after discovering the wonders of Cup O' Coffee Body Mask, I found a new-found appreciation for the unique aroma, and I'm now far more susceptible to the fragrance than I originally was.

While it is still not a smell that I would immediately list as a personal favourite, my lips couldn't help but salivate when I received a couple of Cafe Latte Bath Bombs in the post the other morning. If you think you've tried anything like this product before, think again. This wonderful ballistic is unlike anything to come before it, and indeed anything that has made an appearance since. 

Containing a combination of actual ground coffee and dried soya milk, you'd expect this bath bomb to smell very much like your average cup of coffee. Wrong. Just as the name suggests, there is so much more to this beautiful bath bomb than you would expect, and whether or not you're a fan of coffee-scented items, there will be many who appreciate this for what it is. 

Imagine a freshly-made latte with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top and a drizzle of burnt caramel sauce, and you may begin to envisage how this bath bomb smells. While the fragrance offered is distinctly coffee-orientated, it's not anywhere near as strong as the body mask mentioned above. There's a creamy, sweetness to it that stops the coffee element being so overpowering, and instead what you get is a creamy, sugary coffee smell to die for.

On the negative side, the smell of this bath bomb also reminded me a little of the mould smell you get when leaving food in a damp container for a number of days. Now, this may sound very off-putting for those considering buying some, and I don't mean to deter you away from investing in any of these Cafe Lattes. However, the combination of ingredients does give two very different aromas overall, and once you have a fresh one to sniff, I'm sure most people will be able to understand what I mean by this.

What is great about this bath bomb is that not only does it have a very beautiful, foody smell, but it also lives up to its name by the way that it performs in the tub. Upon contact with the water, the bath bomb begins to foam up very quickly and produce waves of thick, creamy froth - almost like the milk on top of the very drink this product is trying to mimic.

The bath bomb is a very slow fizzer, and also a very quiet one - not to mention the fact that it takes a good 20 - 30 minutes to fully dissolve in the water. For this reason, I suggest that you climb in the tub and enjoy the show as the bath bomb brews in the heat of the water. 

During the experience, Cafe Latte also throws out hundreds of little specks of coffee, that either float on the water or sink to the bottom. These don't really make the bath that much more interesting, but it's definitely something unique and does help to retain some of the scent. Some people have complained in the past that these specks of coffee cause a little chaffing, as you do tend to find yourself sitting on them. However, I didn't feel them at all and my only issue was that I forgot to rinse the tub out afterwards so these little pieces stuck to the tub and needed to be wiped down.

Once the product has fully dissolved, you're left with a very uninteresting bath (the water doesn't change colour). However, I found that there is enough of a smell to make this a very relaxing experience. The caramel-esque aroma did dampen a little, once the bath bomb had dissolved, and the coffee note came to the forefront just slightly. Having said this, there was still enough of a smell to make for a relaxing bath. 

As with most of Lush's bath bombs, this left my skin feeling very nourished and soft, although I wouldn't say that it was particularly moisturising to the point that I think it is more than others. However, it is definitely a very calming bath bomb and one that I recommend, if only because it is very different to any other bath bomb that has made an appearance over the last eight years.

Would I buy this again? Definitely. Unless you despite coffee, I would like to suggest that you give this one a go at least once. It's not strong or as smoky as you might expect, and you may be surprised by how much you enjoy this one. Like a much-needed hug, this is a bath bomb that leaves a good impression, and I only hope this a sign of other coffee-scented products to come. Yum!

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Ground Coffee, Dried Soya Milk.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: 1999.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP