Recently

7 April 2017

Luck Of The Irish Bath Bomb




There's a famous saying that goes: 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' - a statement that I originally thought was going to be rather fitting for this particular bath bomb. While I always appreciate an unexpected release from Lush, I usually prefer it to be a brand new product - not a slightly different rendition of a preexisting item that I can buy on a regular basis. Yet when I received these bath bombs through the post, I knew I had stumbled upon something pretty marvellous.

As the name suggests, Luck Of The Irish Bath Bomb is a celebration of St. Patrick's day - a bath bomb steeped in vibrancy and beauty. Sharing its scent with the regular Avobath, I knew that it would be a product I was going to enjoy very much. However, I was not expecting to love it as much as it turned out I would.
Featuring lemongrass, bergamot and rosewood, this limited edition bath bomb is extremely zesty - not to mention incredibly bright and uplifting to boot. The lemongrass is definitely at the forefront of the smell: offering up a potent citrusy smell, while subtle notes of both the bergamot and the rosewood give the fragrance a little depth and a little added sweetness, without taking away from the natural grassy elements of the key ingredient.

Comparing ingredients lists, both Avobath and this limited edition rendition seem to possess identical components. Yet surprisingly, I found that there was a clear difference between how both of them worked in the water. While both are fairly quick fizzers, and both turn the water into a wonderful vivid shade of green, there was definitely a noticeable difference between how moisturising this bath bomb was when compared to its older sibling.

Upon contact with the water, Luck Of The Irish burst across the surface of the tub with streams of striking green - the perfect shade of colour for a springtime bath. However, within a matter of seconds, you also notice that there is quite a number of oily streams that pattern the surface and glisten in the light. Once submerged under the water, I found that these extra puddles of butters and oils were so much more moisturising than Avobath, and my skin felt instantly soft and smooth.

While I wouldn't say that this bath bomb is overly greasy, I should probably pre warn those who wish to use one, that the extra moisturising properties could potentially cause a problem for those wanting to wash their hair in the water. Although I didn't find this an issue at all, I know that I have fairly dry hair to begin with, so those extra oils no doubt helped to replenish my hair a little. Whereas someone with greasier hair, may find that this exasperates the condition of theirs a little.
After bathing in its waters for only ten minutes, I found that my skin felt silky-smooth and noticeably supple to the touch. This feeling continued long after I had towelled myself down, and was helped even further by the fact that I could still smell the beautiful notes of lemongrass on both my body and hair afterwards.

Despite being able to buy Avobath on a daily basis, I would definitely be interested in picking up another handful of these when they make a reappearance in the kitchen. For a bath bomb that is seemingly slightly lesser in weight, this one sure packs a punch and makes for a far more enjoyable bath than its older sibling. While Avobath is still a perfect bath bomb in my eyes, Luck Of The Irish is on a whole other level. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fresh Avocado, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Bergamot Oil, Rosewood Oil, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Frosty Holly Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Avobath Ballistic
Avojelly Shower Jelly
Avowash/Avoshower Shower Gel
Crackersnap Ballistic
Ghost In The Dark Soap
Luck Of The Irish Bath Bomb




1 comment

  1. Do you find that LOTI and Avo have the same scent as avocado co wash? or is that just me?

    ReplyDelete


UP