Recently

6 July 2017

Bubble Spinner Reusable Bubble Bar



It would be very easy for me to roll my eyes and immediately attack the concept of this brand new bubble bar from Lush. If I'm honest, the cynic in me was very quick to brandish this new idea as a rubbish one, and this was before I had even attempted to purchase any for myself.

Truth be told, as a teacher you are surrounded by the youth of today: you see and hear and experience every single form of trend going; you hear about all of the latest celebrity news whether or not you are particularly interested; you are forced to confiscated bright, colourful 'toys' that find themselves in the hands of the students in your classroom.

Whether or not I particularly like of agree with the concept of a fidget spinner, there is no denying that they are one of the biggest trends of 2017. So it is  understandable that as one of the fastest growing companies on the high street, Lush would want to offer their own unique interpretation of this gadget.

As far as presentation goes, the Bubble Spinner Reusable Bubble Bar is rather adorable to look at - a product decorated with pastel pink, yellow and blues, and held together by a recycled wooden peg through the middle. As you'd expect from such a playful release, this bubble bar is a bright, uplifting combination of lemon, lime and grapefruit oils - a combination suited for any and all ages, so adults can indulge in this just as much as younger consumers. 

Despite being a huge fan of fruity smells, I did feel as if the zesty, almost soured lemony aroma was a bit of a let down. As a company known for their unique fragrances, this scent did feel a little 'basic' and simplistic, and definitely not something that represents the amazing combinations that Lush can offer.  However, I recognise that this product is more about the concept and design as opposed to the smell, so I can look past this flaw. Furthermore, as a product designed to enhance your mood and soothe away your worries, something as fruity as this lemon and lime combination is probably a good idea.

As a reusable bubble bar, Bubble Spinner should stretch across multiple baths, and despite its size, I was lucky enough to use mine for three separate occasions. If you're cocktailing this with other items, you may even squeeze a couple of extra uses out of it. Once you have finished, I suggest that you pat the bubble bar down and allow it to dry, as the colours will begin to run and the bar itself will crumble.

What was enjoyable about Bubble Spinner was that, while holding it under the running water, the bubble bar actually began to spin. This allowed the three different colours to ebb into the bath and create a delicate peach-coloured water. If you were careful enough to use each colour separately, I can imagine that you would be able to create three different coloured experiences from this single bar.

While the product didn't heed as many bubbles as a regular bubble bar would, I did find that I could swish my hands around in the water and create more if I wanted to. Impressively, the lemon and lime scent did retain its presence in the water, the whole way through the experience, and I could still smell it when I was draining the water away.

Having said that, I found that this bubble bar was fairly drying on the skin. As with a lot of Lush's reusable bars, I didn't find the water was particularly moisturising in this case, and I felt that my hands were rather rigid during the experience. Once I had towelled myself down, I did feel the need to apply some sort of body lotion as I didn't feel particularly smooth of soft as I would expect from most of my baths.

Overall, this is a bubble bar that has a purpose in 2017, but one that I don't necessarily feel as any kind of longevity. As a novelty purchase for kids and adults, it's a great way for them to get into Lush; as a release for the most established fans, it is not one that I plan on re-purchasing any time soon.        

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Lime Oil, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Lemon Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, *Geraniol, Colour 47005, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Bubble Spinner Reusable Bubble Bar
Elsie The Giraffe (You're Havin' A Bath) Reusable Bubble Bar

Sherbet Dip Bath Bomb



No comments

Post a Comment


UP