Recently

23 July 2017

Chameleon Bath Bomb




Most Lush fans love a new bath bomb to sink their teeth into (not literally I should add!), and this is the first time that this particular gem has made an appearance since 2010. Yet although this ballistic is more of an additional treat on the Lush Kitchen menu this week, the original reason for its creation is what interests me the most.

Released as a limited addition even back then, Chameleon Bath Bomb was dressed with not only a beautiful outer coat of glimmering emerald colour, but with a very important message at the same time. All of the proceeds made by this special product was donated to the Animal Protection Agency, who were carrying out a campaign at the time to inform the public, and prevent the domestication of wild animals - a practice that I wholeheartedly abhor. 

With chameleons being one of the animals most targeted for this practice, it was only right that Lush should choose this creature for the design. And as the company are known for their ever-changing and vibrant displays of colour in the water, it seems rather fitting that this animal was the shape they opted to go for. 

Containing grapefruit, mandarin and ylang ylang oils as the key ingredients, I was expecting a very bright, fruity fragrance, and was surprised to discover that both of the former ingredients were a little reserved in the overall mix. To my nose, this bath bomb is fruity, and does smell like the tropical juice drink that Lush originally claimed that it did during its initial release. 

However, there is something rather green and slightly floral about the scent - the ylang ylang definitely makes a stronger impression than it usually does in most other products. Chameleon is very fresh smelling and a little grounded, while still offering that sweet, fruity element as well. The grapefruit gives off a crisp and rather dry fruity note: the mandarin supports this but is definitely the quieter note overall.

Weighing about the same as the recently released Rocket Science Bath Bomb, albeit maybe slightly lighter, this ballistic immediately begins to fizz when it touches the surface. While I am unsure as to whether this is a product fault or just the make-up of the bath bomb, but I found that mine immediately sunk to the bottom of the tub, once I had removed my hand from the water.

Due to its size, and with it being a fast fizzer, this bath bomb dissolved in a little under a minute, which was a little disappointing as I enjoy watching ballistics decorate my water at a much slower pace. Having said that, I did appreciate the various colours that ebbed from the centre of the bath bomb - I only wish this experience could have lasted longer. 

Like a firework of colour, Chameleon shoots out vivid streams of blue, fuchsia and green, while also presenting a gentle touch of lustre to bring a slight shimmer to the whole experience. Once the bath bomb has fully dissolved, you are left with a light, pastel-purple coloured water: nothing that is truly spectacular, so I would recommend that you use a bubble bar or bath oil alongside this to intensify the finishing colour. 

What I was disappointed with was that the aroma tended to disperse and disappeared, once the bath bomb had fully dissolved. I was able to detect a slight hint of both the grapefruit and the ylang ylang, when my nose was pressed against the water. However, this was soon lost when I began using other products to wash myself with.

Much like the aforementioned Rocket Science Bath Bomb, I didn't find this one particularly moisturising - any more than a regular bath would offer anyway. While I wouldn't say the experience was at all drying on the skin, I did find that I needed to moisturise afterwards to maintain the smooth, soft skin I am aiming to have. 

Overall, the original bath bomb was created for a fantastic campaign, and that alone would have been enough to lure me into buying a handful to support the cause. The cute and rather unique design would have cemented this decision as well. Having said that, with it just being a limited edition on the menu, I don't think this would be more than an adorable novelty bath bomb for me, which is why I will only be buying a couple to cocktail with other bubble bars. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil, Mandarin Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, Colour 45410, Colour 42053, Colour 42090:2, Colour 19140:1, Vegan Chocolate Drops.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3

Year Of Original Release: 2010.








No comments

Post a Comment


UP