Recently

1 November 2017

Deep Atmosphere Bath Bomb




When the Lush Kitchen was still in full swing, this bath bomb appeared on the menu one week and was thrust into my radar for the first time ever. While I pride myself in knowing about the majority of Lush products released across the years, there are still some that manage to remain hidden until the company unleash them onto the world again. Unbeknownst to me at the time, this product would cement itself as one of my favourite bath bombs of all time - perhaps the only bath product that has genuinely given Lord Of Misrule a run for its money.

Deep Atmosphere has a name that means business. Described be Lush as one for 'acquired tastes', I wasn't initially all that interested in what this bath bomb had to offer. The inclusion of oakmoss absolute, tarragon and chamomile leaf gave me the impression that this would smell similar to that of Tramp Shower Gel - which although something that I enjoy at times, is not a fragrance that bowls me over in any formats. As soon as the bath bomb arrived however, I immediately fell head-over-heels in love with the limited edition, and greatly regretted only buying the handful that I did. 

Despite its ingredients list suggesting otherwise, I would say that this bath bomb is very much like Lord Of Misrule - minus the vanilla but with a sweet, musky layer that must come from the combination of violet leaf absolute and distilled cedar leaf. While I expecting something far more potent and herbal, I was both surprised and incredibly grateful to experience something so beautifully rich and exquisite.

It is the inclusion of the pine that I think not gives this bath bomb a scent similar to Lord Of Misrule, but that which also gives this bath bomb its made note of fragrance. The pine oil offers a sharp, sweet green layer that immediately conjures up images of forests in my mind; the cedar leaf and orris root add a musky sweetness reminiscent of parma violets combined with a touch of floral.   

Not only would say that all of the layers work in unison with each other perfectly, but Deep Atmosphere is one of those bath bombs in which each note is equally matched. While I can pick out every component individually for this review, there is not one that I would say is stronger than the others - before or after it's been added to water.

In the water, this bath bomb immediately begins to fizz and dissolve - sending out waves of spring green across the surface of the water. Within seconds the tub is filled with a bright, uplifting colour that matches the robust aroma that elevates itself around the bathroom, and minutes later the bath bomb is all put dispersed. 

What I noticed immediately, upon stepping into the tub, was that the water was incredibly smooth. Although there is nothing in the ingredients list that suggest the ballistic would be all that moisturising, my skin felt nourished and smooth within minutes of submerging myself under the water. This feeling carried on long after I had exited the bath, along with the scent - that lingered on my skin for a good hour after I had towelled myself down.

The inclusion of the chamomile not only supported the tarragon in giving Deep Atmosphere a delicate but refreshing herbal smell, but helped me make this a very relaxing bath bomb. Once I was settled in the tub, I found it very difficult to want to leave. Moreover, after using one of these a little before I went to bed, gave me a much better sleep than what my body is normally privy to on a daily basis. 

My only qualm with this bath bomb was that it created a greenish-yellow mark around my bath tub afterwards, and I had to scrub away the stain before it became a permanent feature. Having said that, I would (and still have been) using this bath bomb over and over again, as it is easily one of my all-time favourite products. 

While the Lush Kitchen is no longer producing its weekly menus, I very much hope that this little gem makes itself present at some point again in the near future. This is one of only a handful of bath bombs that I would be happy to stock up on, and I would take full advantage of doing so if the opportunity arises. Look out Lord Of Misrule: your number one spot might not be a secure as you think. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Bicarbonate Of Soda, Citric Acid, Perfume, Siberian Pine Oil, Oak Moss Absolute, Cedar Leaf Distilled Over Orris Root, Tarragon Oil, Chamomile Oil, Violet Leaf Absolute, Crocin, Colour 61585.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: ?




Coming soon!



No comments

Post a Comment


UP