Recently

30 November 2017

Polyamorous Bath oil



Polyamorous means the practice of intimacy with more then one partner, in which all involved are aware of, and consent to, the arrangement. With humans being far more open and accepting of different sexualities and practices these days, it is only fitting that Lush have decided to celebrate this freedom and highlight one such different outlook on life.

Polyamorous is a new contender for my favourite Bath Oil, as well as being a new addition to the impressive array of oils and melts already on offer from the company. While I cannot claim that I turn to bath oils all that often, I have definitely found myself craving this one a number of times this last month, and I have enjoyed every single experience.

Shaped like a heart with smaller hearts painted across the surface, this is perhaps the most beautifully designed oils of all the ones currently available. For such a small product - coming in about the 3cm in length and 1.5cm in height - this miniature masterpiece is warming, comforting, and perfect for those who perhaps wish for more company but only have a bath tub to explore. 

Containing a combination of orange, sandalwood and jojoba oils, you would expect Polyamorous to offer a fruity aroma. However, it is the inclusion of the violet leaf absolute that provides the strongest component overall.  

To me, this bath oil has a warm, sweet and slightly musky violet scent - nowhere near as sultry and potent as Tuca Tuca, yet equally not as grassy as Kerbside Violet. In fact, it smells very similar to how I remember Metropolis smelling. The inclusion of the sandalwood grounds the different notes again, and you can detect a very subtle uplifting element that I thinks comes from the orange oil. However, this Bath Oil is predominantly violet with a touch of wordiness to completely to compliment the floral components.

In the water, this bath oil sinks like the majority of Lush oils and melts. This is always disappointing to be because I usually like to indulge in a bath melt or bath bomb whilst I am already in the bath myself. Once submerged, I like to watch the product dissolve across the surface of the water and see the oils become absorbed into the skin. Unfortunately, Polyamorous simply sunk to the bottom of the tub and I ended up melting the product down between my fingers because I didn’t want to find myself sitting on it while I was bathing.

Once fully dissolved, the Bath Oil didn’t really do anything to the water, which was expectation anyway so it wasn’t as if I was disappointed by this. However, I would recommend that you use this along a bath bomb (Ylang Song, Ne Worry Pas) or Bubble Bar (Baa Bar, Bathos) as you’ll end up with a rather disappointing looking bath if you use it by itself.

Another aspect of Polyamorous that I was little disappointed with was the fact that the scent didn’t linger on my skin after I had towelled myself down. Although I expect a lot from my products, and the main purpose of this bath oil is to add extra oils and butter to soften, I would still have liked to have detected a slight musky sweetness on my body. While I can vouch that the scent does make an impression in the water, and I was rather impressed by how much it held itself against other cosmetics I was using at the time, I would have assumed that at least a small note could have made itself known afterwards.

Having said that, my skin did feel lovely and smooth afterwards, and Polyamorous is definitely a bath oil that makes a difference to the softness of the water when it’s fully dissolved. You could probably cut this in half, if you’re rather reserved about using your Lush products. However, I think using the whole product in a single bath will heed the best results, and help you to make the most of this softening little gem.

To conclude I will say that this is a fantastic edition to Lush’s extensive bath melts and oils. It’s wonderful to have a violet-scented Bath Oil available at all times, as I know a lot of consumers love the naturally sweet and floral components of violets. This is definitely one I would buy again - perhaps over most of the other variations currently on offer - and I am equally excited to try the other two new editions to see if they’re equally as impressive.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Laureth 4, Cream of Tartar, Perfume, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Organic Shea Butter, Brazilian Orange Oil, Sandalwood Oil,  Violet Leaf Absolute, Organic Jojoba Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, *Limonene, Colour 17200, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £2.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.


Coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP