Recently

26 May 2014

Breeze On A Sea Air Toner Spray


I'm not going to lie to you when I say that I recognise that Lush have a great deal when it comes to their toner waters. Given that the prominent ingredient in these products is water, it's no surprise that I was a little hesitant to fork out almost £9 for a 250g bottle. Although I love the company and most of what they stand for, I appreciate the fact that these products are slightly overpriced. However, through a mixture of loyalty, curiosity and no doubt stupidity, I reached into my pocket and paid the price for a bottle. 

Breeze On A Sea Air Toner Spray is a weird choice for Lush to bring back - you would assume that they would opt for their more popular bath bombs and shower gels; appealing to the masses. However, I for one am really excited that they're resurrecting lesser known items, as it means that Lush fans, new and old, get to sample products that we all assumed would never see the light of day again. 

This toner water works very much like their other ones - firstly acting as a refreshing aide for when your skin needs that 'pick me up' throughout the day. Simply spray directly onto the face and then wipe away with a cotton pad - Breeze revitalises and rejuvenates skin, leaving it feeling instantly uplifted and dirt-free. 

Featuring a blend of mineral-rich sea water and rejuvenating rosemary, this toner water also works at conditioning your skin without clogging the pores or upsetting the natural balance of your complexion. The inclusion of aloe vera gel means this toner water also has a cooling effect on your skin, making it a perfect companion for the summer months when you're looking for a little something to help keep your temperature down.

As well as toning and refreshing your skin, Breeze On A Sea Air features violet leaf, which gives the product most of it's scent and works as an antiseptic to keep your skin calm and under control. I'm lucky enough not to suffer from sensitive skin, but I did notice how gentle it felt against my face, especially when I wiped it away. 

With some toner waters, you can almost feel them stripping your face of it's natural oils, and they can leave skin parched and lifeless. However, this toner water left my face feeling wonderfully soft and radiant. Even after the initial application, my complexion was noticeably softer and smoother to touch, and it felt really hydrated, toned and with a natural glow. In fact, I would say that this product gave me better results than that of my facial moisturiser, which is why I have stopped using Enzymion for a while and plan on using this instead. If I wasn't convinced that a glorified bottle of water could make a lot of difference to my skin, I was after I had used this. 

What I found with this toner water, is that it's probably the weakest smelling one I have tried yet - I could only smell elements of the aloe vera and violet for a brief second before I couldn't detect any fragrance at all. However, in hindsight, I don't think this really matters. This product is aimed at a quick fix that relieves you and your skin during the stuffier moments of your day, whilst supporting the natural state of your skin. Having a strong, long-lasting fragrance would only clash with any perfume you may be wearing at the time, so I actually prefer the fact that it barely smells at all.

Breeze On A Sea Air Toner Spray is a perfect companion to carry with you at all times. Whether you work in a stuffy office, travel frequently or just need a pick me up during a night out, this is a product that will instantly refresh and uplift your skin, whilst rejuvenating your mindset and leaving you feeling beautiful. 

Although this is expensive for what it is, a bottle of this size will last you for at least two months, making it worth the initial cost. In hindsight, I wish I had bought a second bottle as I'm keen to take this with me when I go holidaying during the summer break. I hope that Lush choose to release this through their kitchen again as I will definitely invest in another couple of bottles to last me throughout the year. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Spring Water, Fresh Sea Water, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Violet Leaf Absolute, Boronia absolute, Perfume, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £8.50 for 250g.
2016 Price: £8.50 for 250g.


1 comment

  1. Hi Jen! Love your blog and videos. Very interested in trying this toner water, but wasn't sure if it'd be right for my skin. I find toner waters to be normally too harsh and drying on my very dry and sensitive skin. However, this toner seems more up my ally. Would you recommend this for my skin type? Thanks!
    -Cassie (@lushiecassie)

    ReplyDelete


UP