Recently

8 May 2014

The Comforter Body Lotion


 Once I became a fully-fledged Lush obsessive, I began to carry out a little research into my most-loved scents, The Comforter being my all-time favourite fragrance. When I initially discovered that Lush had released a limited edition body lotion possessing this scent, I cried a little, and then cried some more. It felt like discovering your numbers had come up on the lottery, but then realising that you had forgotten to buy your ticket that week...Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but I'm sure you get my sentiment. I was devastated. 


Then when I learnt that Lush USA were holding a one day forum party back in 2013, and they were not only bringing out Karma Shower Gel and The Comforter Shower Gel, but this very lotion, I knew I had to beg, borrow and steal whatever I could to get my greedy mitts on such products. Luckily, there are some amazingly generous people out there, and I found a stranger who was willing to buy them for me and ship them across. When they arrived through my door, I felt like I had just been given the holy grail.

The Comforter Body Lotion encompasses everything that I love about Lush; a gorgeous, velvety body lotion that leaves you smelling good enough to eat. It's a rather thick cream, similar in consistency to Sympathy For The Skin body lotion, and has a slight pink tinge to it, which just adds to it's allure.
In the tub, this lotion smells exactly as you would expect the bubble bar or shower gel to smell like, a rich but equally fruity fragrance; a mixture of bergamot oil, cassis absolute and cypress oil. These ingredients are both uplifting and refreshing, helping to clear the mind as well as creating a scent that most Lushies would die for. Cypress oil also boasts toning properties that can calm the skin in times of emotional stress.  

Whereas Sweetie Pie (a shower jelly that shares the smell) is marketed as coconut and cherry-scented, this lotion is described by Lush as 'blackcurrant and cypress', which I think is a far more accurate description. To me, this fragrance doesn't smell of cherries at all, nor does it possess much of a coconut smell either. I think Comforter Body Lotion has a strong, deep and fresh blackcurrant scent that reminds me of the Blackcurrant Jolly Rancher sweets I used to get as a child. It's simply wonderful - In times like these, I wish I could project it's fragrance to anyone unlucky enough to have not smelt something from this range.

In the tub, this lotion is very heavily scented and makes my mouth salivate every time I remove the lid. However, once moisturised into your skin, I found that the smell of this lotion tends to diminish just slightly, which was highly disappointing. However, I think this last gripe is probably down to the fact that no Comforter product can ever smell strong enough - I can't get enough of it's beautiful aroma. 

Furthermore, this body lotion is quite a thick and slightly greasy one, so you need to careful when applying it. I made the mistake of getting a bit over-excited when I first began using it, and found I had smears of lotion all over my legs and arms that wouldn't dissolve into the skin. I would suggest that you start off applying small amounts and then build up until you have right amount otherwise you'll end up wasting a lot of it when it rubs off onto your clothes. However, once you've perfected the application side of things, this body lotion is highly moisturising and leaves your skin super soft and gently scented. When I used this on my hands, I found that the areas of stubborn dried skin healed in a matter of days, and the condition of my hands noticeably improved. 

Overall, this body lotion is beautiful and I only wish Lush decided to make this a permanent member of their range. The only thing that could have made this better is if the smell had remained on my skin for a longer period of time, although I'm still trying to decide whether I was just unlucky with my tub, or whether this is a product fault. One of my favourite body lotions from Lush and one I'll always stock up on, if I get half the chance.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Treithanolamine, Bergamot Oil, Cassis Absolute (Ribes Nigrum), Cypree Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Cetearyl alcohol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Mathylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £13.95 for 250g.
2017 Price: £13.95 for 250g.


13 comments

  1. Got my comforter lotion today from the lush kitchen. It's not as thick as you describe and the scent lasts for ages. Maybe you did get a dud!! It's fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - I've just updated that part of the review. I too received my tub from Lush Kitchen today and it smells much stronger than my import pot from America - I'm very happy.

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping they will make the comforter shower gel. Have you tried it? Love your blog by the way. It's great to have a virtual try before you buy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - thank you for checking out my blog. I'm hoping they bring out the comforter shower gel - I'm lucky enough to have two big bottles of the stuff but they're old stock and I would love to get some fresh stuff!

      Delete
  3. The Comforter smells so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this lotion as a free RAK item [Random Act of Kindness] when I placed a Lush order on the UK site and OMG I'm so glad I got it. Mine is really runny unlike yours but it still is an amazing lotion. When I got it I didn't like it but the scent grew on me. I took it to work to keep in my desk and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I'm trying to convert some coworkers into trying Lush ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good work on the conversion - it's easy once they see the array of amazing products! That's amazing that you got a tub for free - the most I've ever got with a RAK is a sample of shampoo!

      Delete
  5. Yes :)... they haven't converted yet but I think a few will... I just need to bring a few other products to work first ha.

    I was really surprised I got a free tub for free. I also got a gift set with 6 things in it for free with the same order. It was a nice gift set but every thing was scented in lavender which I don't like so I ended up giving it away, except the comforter bubble bar because I love it lol. I think they were trying to make up for the fact that my order was missing things and they had to replace them but whatever... I like free gifts! That stinks that you only got a shampoo sample :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tried this lotion. is this good product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells divine - like a dessert for your skin, and it's super moisturising too!

      Delete
  7. How much was this product? I would love it to come back to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got many information about the comforts your blog is really good and informative well done and keep it up.
    All Season Down Comforter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Professionally written blogs are rare to find, however, I appreciate all the points mentioned here. I also want to include some other writing skills which everyone must be aware of.Double bed comforter

    ReplyDelete


UP