Recently

9 May 2014

Bathos Bubble Bar



When I first involved myself with forum chats and online discussions about Lush, the one product that kept making an appearance was Bathos Bubble Bar. At the time, I remember thinking that, from how it was described, it seemed like an interesting product but definitely not one I was going to get worked up over. 

Lush Kitchen 2014 Design 
I was lucky enough to win three of these from an eBay auction early last year, and because of how many bath products I was collecting at the time, these bars were thrown into one of my many bubble bar drawers, never to see the light of day again. That was until yesterday, when digging through my stash to find something to share a bath with, these purple beauties revealed themselves to me. What happened next, is inadvertently amazing...

Bathos Bubble Bar is a violet-scented product, packed full of violet leaf essential oil to create a strong smelling, moisturising and highly relaxing bath-buddy. Combined with jasmine absolute, which adds a sensual fragrance to the mix, and ylang ylang oil, this bar is a sophisticated and rather luxurious addition to any bath tub.

What I love about the scent of this bubble bar, is that it's completely different to the usual rose-scented products that Lush release all the time. Don't get me wrong, I love the scent of rose as much as the next person. However, it wasn't until I smelt this product for the first time, that I came to realise how much I love the smell of violet more. And smell of violet it does; in fact, Bathos gives off a very poignant smell, so for those of you who dislike strong floral smells, you may wish to avoid this. 

To use any of Lush's bubble bars, you can either crumble it under running water, or as I do; hold it directly under the flow of the tap, which I find creates more bubbles. As soon as the water hits the bar, lots of bubbles start to form and disperse throughout the tub, creating mounds of beautiful, soft foam and turning the water a beautiful deep violet colour.

Bathos helped to create a wonderfully relaxing bath. Firstly, the gentle aroma of violet and jasmine filled the entire bathroom, and lingered around for the duration of the bath. This helped me to relax and ease those overworked muscles. Secondly, and probably the most impressive, the water was beautifully soft and slightly oily, which helped to moisturise my skin within minutes of being in the tub. When I begrudging climbed out of the bath at the end, my whole body felt wonderfully smooth and silky soft; I definitely didn't feel the need to moisturise after this. Finally, the beautiful violet smell permeated my skin somewhat and stayed with me for hours; I could even smell it in my hair the following day.

Ultimately, what started as a simple interest, turned into a fully-fledged love affair; I am officially in love with the Bathos Bubble Bar! It did everything I was expecting and more; made me smell wonderful, softening my skin and making me feel so much better after I was finished. I really hope that Lush see the cult following behind this product and bring it back again soon as a permanent, not just a limited edition exclusive; I would definitely like to stockpile a handful of these for the future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Methyl Ionone, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Violet Leaf Absolute, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Bergamot Oil, Clove Bud Oil, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Green Glitter, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 60725.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £3.95 each.

Scent Family:
Bathos Bubble Bar
Bathos Liquid Bubble Bath
Bathos Liquid Perfume


2 comments

  1. I'm so jealous :( I wanted to order one of these on the kitchen but I literally just missed it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to win 3 of these on e bay too. It is an all time favourite and I used to always have one in my bathroom until it was discontinued. Grrrrr! It has a similar scent to skinny dip also discontinued. The shower gel was amazing however I think something was lost when it became a body butter. Something in that mixture reminded me of old tobacco.

    ReplyDelete


UP