Recently

9 October 2018

Stairway To Heaven Soap



During the Lush Summit event last year, I found myself drawn to a rather wonderful looking guitar - perched amongst the Father's Day range as if someone had left it there by accident. It wasn't until I approached the work of art and had a sniff that I realised it was in fact a giant piece of soap, and it was then that the rock star in me began to get excited.

Stairway To Heaven is aptly named after a famous Led Zeppelin song: perhaps one of the most famous rock 'classics' in history. I only have to hum the first three notes of the popular track and I'm already tapping my feet and air guitaring like a crazy person. I was really hoping that this soap would make me feel just as alive in the shower.

Sharing its scent with Daddy-O Shampoo, this gorgeous soap didn't appear to have an ingredients list that matched the fragrance that it gave off. Bergamot, rose and cananga were stated as being the main components at work. However, the aroma that I detected was a sweet, slightly intoxicating violet smell.

What I will say is that the bergamot definitely helped in creating a prominent green note that laced itself around the floral qualities, and the rose elevated the violet aroma somewhat and offer a gentle powdery twist. This is certainly a sweet violet scent but it does have a herbal, green element to it as well.

What was great about Stairway To Heaven was the fact that it lathered up really well, producing a light, fluffy and very fragrant foam to wash yourself with. In the shower, you could definitely detect the fragrance throughout the whole experience, and it linger on both my skin and around my bathroom for a good couple of hours after I had towelled myself down.

The inclusion of the charcoal meant that there was a gentle grittiness to the soap. This is helped to buffer my pores a little while I was massaging it across my body, and I believe this is why my skin appeared to look more fresh and vibrant after my shower. The inclusion of the coconut oil just helped to nourish my skin afterwards, so it wasn't left dry or feeling taut.

I would definitely love to see more products being released in this scent as it is very different from the likes of Tuca Tuca. If you like fragrances such as Kerbside Violet or Bathos, you'll no doubt appreciate this a lot. A lovely new addition to the Father's Day range, but one that can be appreciated by anyone and everyone.    

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil, Sorbitol, Perfume, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Bergamot Oil, Cananga Oil, Rose Absolute, Star Fruit Puree, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Charcoal, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Bicarbonate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal Isoeugenol, Antique Silver Lustre, Colour 42090, Colour 45350, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family: 


No comments

Post a Comment


UP