Recently

10 July 2019

Amelia Kringle Bauble Bath Melt





Despite the fact that the sun is shining outside of my window, my sole mission this afternoon was to bathe with a product that's been with me since the end of Christmas 2018. Why I still hadn't used this bauble up until now was simple, and something I have already explained in some of my other reviews of the products that came out alongside this one.

During December of last year, an array of beautiful bauble bath melts and tablets appeared on Instagram, followed quickly by the naked stores in Germany and Japan. Sporting gorgeous colours and a variety of scents, consumers wondered if they'd ever be able to get their hands on the little gems, as they really were quite gorgeous. After a little confusion, they appeared on Lush's website a few hours after Christmas day, only to disappear completely after a couple of hours and never to make a return.

Amelia Kringle was one of four bauble bath melts to feature in the flash sale and would have perhaps been one of the most popular ones, given what it had to offer fans. Sharing its scent with the Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment Bath Oil, this bauble showcased the seasonal Snow Fairy fragrance much like its older sibling does.

With a circumference roughly 7cm wide and with a thickness a little under a centimetre, this is definitely one of the biggest bath melts that Lush have ever unleashed into the world. While it is definitely a very intense experience to put the whole thing into the tub at once, I would suggest that you cut this into three or four pieces, as that would make it much better value for money. 

You certainly don't need to use the entire melt in one go and it would be far less messy breaking off pieces whilst its dry than hanging or storing the tablet once it's already been in the water. As the etching on the front of the melt dissolves first in the water, there is nothing particularly pretty about hanging a blob of pale pink butters around your room afterwards. For this reason, dividing this into four pieces would be a much better and slightly less messier way of enjoying this bauble.


When it comes to Snow Fairy scented products, there is always very little to go by from the ingredients list as most of the fragrance comes from the synthetic musk and perfume that is added in. What I will say is that Amelia Kringle offers a sweet and playful smell that has elements of both raspberry bubblegum and vanilla musk.

These two components offer consumers a gentle and very simplistic aroma and is very in-keeping with the aforementioned bath oil above. In fact, the only difference between the two is that the smell of this bauble is perhaps slightly stronger than the miniature bath oil, but at the same time is also a little less 'fruity' as well.

Once in the water, Amelia Kringle rests on the surface and slowly ebbs streams of pastel pink oils under and across the surface. These oils and butters tend to linger around the product at first so you have to swish it around with the piece of string to help it dissolve across the whole tub. After using half of one of these baubles, I found that the water turned a strange colour, which I would almost describe as being like pink and beige mixed together. It certainly wasn't the most appealing of colours but I was at least grateful that some form of colouration happened. 


What I will say is that I could definitely detect a change in the consistency of the water and I found that my skin felt smoother and softer within minutes. After towelling myself down, I could really notice how nourished my skin looked and felt and this is something that I felt was perhaps intensified somewhat because of the size of the bath melt I was using.

Another great point about Amelia Kringle was the fact that the fragrance stayed with me throughout my entire bath and I was able to smell gentle remnants of it on my skin afterwards as well. While these lingering notes were fairly subtle, it was still a lovely way to send myself off to bed.

Overall, this wasn't the most interesting of baubles to look at, neither did it pertain a smell that I find myself getting overly excited about. However, this bauble did an amazing job with my skin; offered a strong enough experience that it was prolonged past the bath itself; and would have made Snow Fairy fans really excited to try their favourite scent out in a new format. I only hope that Lush choose to bring these back again this year so that the rest of the world can try them out for size.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Sodium Bicarbonate, Laureth 4, Cream of Tartar, Perfume, Organic Shea Butter Extra, Virgin Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Chamomile Powder, Marshmallow Root Powder,  Marigold Powder, Synthetic Musk, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Limonene, Colour 45410, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Colour 47005.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP