Recently

2 July 2019

Intergalactic Shower Gel



Out of all of the bath bombs I have ever tried from Lush, Intergalactic would definitely make my top ten. Not only does it produce some of the most stunning bath art around, but it also has an aroma that simply gets beneath my skin and elevates my mood in a way that I find hard to explain. If I'm feeling at all stressed or worried, this bath bomb can completely change my mindset, and this is the reason why I simply cannot live without having a regular dose of this classic.

You can imagine then that my expectations for the recently released Intergalactic Shower Gel was going to be pretty high, and I'll be honest when I say that I truly believe Lush have created the best version that they possibly could of this concept. It is not a perfect match between formats, hence the five bottle rating. However, this is due more to the fact of how much more of an experience a bath bomb can offer as opposed to a gel in a bottle.

What I will say is that fans of this bath bomb will no doubt agree with me when I say that this shower gel is spot on when it comes to its fragrance. Upon opening the bottle for the first time, I was initially a little underwhelmed by the smell, only because I associated it with the Dirty Springwash Shower Gel, which doesn't float my boat in quite the same manner. However, I truly believe that this is a product that grows on you over time and becomes far more interesting over the space of a few uses.

From the bottle, Intergalactic offers a strong and very woody combination of peppermint and vetivert. There is something very rich about this collaboration that sits well with my tastebuds. It is almost as if there is a dark cloud hovering over a minty sea and the two components have come together with a huge explosion. To begin with, this scent was very similar to the one I experienced when I began using this shower gel across my skin.

After a few days of using this daily, I began to notice the subtle note of grapefruit in the mix, which served to elevate the fragrance and give it a little more of a 'bite.' It was also during these initial days that I began to detect the woodiness of the cedarwood a little more. By the end of day three, I felt as if I could smell all of the components that featured in the bath bomb, and I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference - aside from the usual format variations.

Out of the bottle, Intergalactic offered a beautifully deep shade of blue that wasn't quite as alluring as the bath bomb but definitely suited the fragrance well. Alongside this, there was the addition of the lustre within the gel, which gave the shower gel a beautiful glimmer whilst it was on your skin. And glitter phobes will be happy to hear that this addition doesn't leave any trace of itself on or across your skin after using it.

What impressed me was that this shower gel was fairly on the thin side and I needed a bare minimum amount to wash my whole body with. Not only this but Intergalactic lathered up really easily and was super fragrant, which meant I was able to wash my body with the smallest amounts whilst still appreciating the wonderful scent. 

Furthermore, the fragrance is power enough that it lingers on your skin and hair for a good couple of hours after towelling yourself dry. And even more impressive was the fact that my body felt soft, smooth and hydrated after using this, which makes it an all-round great product to invest in.

More than just mint, Intergalactic Shower Gel is a must have for fans of the bath bomb and should be tried by anyone who enjoys stronger scents as well. With the delicate herbal and woody notes that are present in this product, there is something very powerful about the fragrance of this that stays with you way longer than many of Lush's shower gels do. I can only hope that they make this a permanent member of the family because I cannot imagine my life without a bottle of this to alter my mindset and my mood.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fresh Mint Infusion, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Peppermint Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Carrageenan Extract, Xanthan Gum, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 77491, Colour 42090, Colour 42053.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £12 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.





No comments

Post a Comment


UP