Recently

4 July 2019

Goddess Shower Gel



When Lush re-introduced the scent of Zen Soap as their brand new Goddess range, I was taken back by how little I was compelled by some of the initial products. While the bath bomb was stunning to look at, I really wasn't as blown away as I remember being when the aforementioned soap first appeared in Oxford Street. There was something about the magical fragrance of Zen that seemed to be missing, and I did initially wonder whether the change in colour was perhaps part of the barrier for me.

Since the bath bomb has arrived on the scene, the company have gone on to release an impressive number of other products in this same aroma. And when it comes to their latest offering: the beautiful looking shower gel, I can safely say that the scent is beginning to win me over again.

From the bottle, this gorgeous deep purple gel may at times appear to be two different shades. Most likely because of the vast number of different oils that have gone into making it, this is one of those products that separate quite easily. However, if you leave the bottle upside down overnight, you'll awake to find a rich and very sparkly shower gel in your bathroom.

With so many ingredients present, it's actually surprising that every component works so well together. From the bottle, the aroma you discover is a very condensed and fairly intense one. In fact, I can imagine many consumers being put off by just how potent the fragrance comes across to begin with. In a way, it sort of loses its beauty because it is a little too heavy.

However, I would really recommend that you make a judgement once you've tried it out for yourself because the aroma levels out quite a bit in the shower, and it's much more pleasant. To my nose, I could initially detect a thick, woody and very resinous smell, with a light dosage of floral over the top of this. It does smell a lot like sandalwood dipped in the sap of a tree and then coated with a sprinkle of jasmine.

The rose oil adds a little sweetness to the fragrance of this shower gel, and I think it's perhaps this component combined with the osmanthus that gives Goddess its resinous bite. There is definitely something very beautiful about the smell of this, but it's also a little too much to begin with, and I feel as if it loses some of its beauty because of this very fact.

Having said, once you begin to use the shower gel under the running water, each of the components becomes much lighter, and it is here that you can make that connection between the gel and the bath bomb. It is here that something a little more playful comes about in the way of the sweet side of the shower gel. Other consumers have described there being an almost 'cola-like' element to the gel and I would say that's a good representation of what I experienced as well.

Goddess Shower Gel lathers up really generously so you don't need much at all. Furthermore, the gel itself is - what I would describe as being - slightly syrup-like, so it coats the body with an almost oily foam and spreads with ease across the skin. I found that I barely needed more than a raisin-sized amount to clean my whole body with so this 250g bottle is going to last me a long time.

This limited edition left my skin feeling really smooth and moisturised and there was almost a delicate glean to my body after every use: the shower gel definitely has some wonderful nourishing properties to boast. However, I was a little disappointed to discover that I could barely smell the gel on my skin after I had towelled myself down. Given how prominent the scent is in the bottle, and how many different exquisite oils it features in its ingredients list, I would have hoped for something that stuck around on my skin and hair.

Overall, this is a wonderful shower gel from Lush and I am truly glad that the company chose it as one of their limited editions. I can really see why this would not be made into a regular product, as I do believe it isn't a fragrance that many would want to shower with all of the time. However, this is perhaps my favourite rendition of the scent and there's just something really beautiful about it that gives my showers a little more oomph!

Quantitative Ingredients: White Tea Infusion, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Rose Water, Lauryl Betaine, Titanium Dioxide, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Jasmine Absolute, Osmanthus Absolute, Rose Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Oudh Oil, Carrageenan Extract, Tincture of Benzoin, Xanthan Gum, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 77007, Colour 17200, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £15 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP