Recently

5 July 2019

Happy Pill Toothy Tabs



One thing I have learnt over the last couple of years is that the only way to become a morning person is to change your perspective on life. There is something truly magical about transitioning your mindset into feeling happiness when you wake, no matter what that time may be, and it will completely revolutionise your life if you can do so. 

Although there is not such a thing as a lie-in for me anymore and my alarm goes off most mornings at 5am, I am usually really spritely and energetic when I initially wake up. Following my routine really helps me to begin my day in the right frame of mind and set off on the right foot. And usually I experience very little in the way of 'drama' when this happens. 


However, with the recent release of all of Lush's new oral care, there are times when the 'unexpected' throws me off course for a few minutes. Putting an unexpected flavour of tooth paste in your mouth for example, can sometimes jolt you awake a little too quickly than your mind can fathom.

When I first opened the bottle of Happy Pill Toothy Tabs, I hadn't read the ingredients list and I couldn't even put into words what the brand new invention even smelled like. However, after much deliberation I truly believe that these little tabs share their scent with the Frozen Bath Bomb that discontinued a year ago.

Featuring neroli, orange flower absolute, sweet orange oil and lavender, these little tabs smell like a sophisticated yet very refreshing floral aroma. The orange flower absolute, coupled with the delicate notes of lavender, created a floral cloud that lingers about the fragrance  The neroli then adds a sweet but slightly green-like note that gives this smell its unique twist. Finally, the orange oil brings a gentle fruitiness to the mix as well.

To be honest, I'm glad that Lush have used this fragrance in other formats first. Had they introduced the toothy tabs before the rest of the Frozen range, I would have said that the aroma would have been simply wasted as merely a toothy tab. The fact that there are other beautiful products already only serves to sweeten the deal.

As with all of Lush's new toothy tabs, these particular tabs feature a number of ingredients that I was unsure about and had to research before trying them out for myself - not only to understand how and why Happy Pill work, but also to educate others about the benefits they possess. Firstly, these tabs feature  dicalcium phosphate anhydrous - the main component used to help supplement the body's calcium intake, not to mention preventing the build up of tartar in the mouth. Sorbitol is also used - a natural alternative to sugar which allows Lush to add flavour to this product without adding anything that'll rot your teeth; Lauroyl Sarcosine not only helps the product to foam up in the mouth, but is also used to remove unwanted bacteria that may cause problems in the future.

What I will say about Happy Pill is that the taste is definitely an acquired one. To be honest, I would describe the taste as being a little sweet; slightly floral; and mildly soapy, which will probably turn a lot of people away from trying these beauties. However, there is something slightly alluring about the taste of these toothy tabs that makes me think that I actually like them quite a lot.
These toothy tabs are by no means going to leave you with a refreshing taste in your mouth. However, my teeth and mouth did feel really clean after using these daily and the taste lingered long enough to keep my breath 'fresh' throughout my mornings at work. 

Much like many of Lush's non-potent tabs, you can consume food almost immediately after using these tabs and the taste won't hinder your tastebuds. For this reason, Happy Pill is great for those 'brush and go' sort of people such as myself. However, I will be honest and say that I can imagine many consumers will be a little put off by the taste that does indeed linger on the tongue, because while it isn't at all disgusting, it's definitely not one that I can describe as being particularly nice either.

Happy Pill Toothy Tabs are definitely one that I would recommend that you try for yourself, as they're a flavour that will divide fans down the middle very quickly. Having said that, if you're someone who likes their oral care to be as simple as black and white, I would definitely avoid giving these a whirl.

Quantitative Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate Anhydrous, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sorbitol, Lauroyl Sarcosine, Xylitol, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Rose Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Lavender Oil, Stevia, Fine Sea Salt, Gardenia Extract, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Flavour.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019. 

1 comment

  1. Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful post with us. I enjoyed stopping by your blog and I hope to see more excellent articles like this one from you in the near future. Have a great rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete


UP