Recently

13 July 2019

Winter's Night Bauble Bath Melt




I'm somebody who absolutely flourishes in the warmer weather and couldn't ever imagine complaining about it being too hot on any occasion. My moods are far more balanced and uplifted during the summer; my creativity is out in full force; and I just feel far more contented with myself and my surroundings when the sun is beating down. 

However, that doesn't mean for one second that I don't enjoy the polar opposite: huddled in front of an open fire trying to keep warm; wearing fifty layers just to feel my toes; and settling down every evening with a warm mug of hot chocolate. While my life perhaps isn't that poetic, these sorts of conditions are equally romantic in my mind.

For this reason, I absolutely loved the design of Winter's Night Bauble Bath Melt: one of four limited edition seasonal releases that appeared during the month of December 2018. Modelled on a Christmas decoration, the idea with this extra large bath melt is that it doubles up as a hanging feature when it's not being used. These looked rather stunning when hung from the branches of a Christmas tree, and only served to fill the room with a wonderful scent to boot.

Winter's Night was one of four bauble bath melts to appear online last year and featured a simplistic but equally detailed scene of the night sky with a couple of trees ladened with snow. While not perhaps as beautiful as some of the square tablets that were released around this time, this one was still a lovely little surprise and perhaps offered from the best fragrances from the bunch.

Sharing its scent with the Furze range, this bauble is both warming and creamy, which is perfect to indulge in when you need a little something to bring some life back into your winter-kissed skin. Featuring mimosa absolute as one of the key ingredients, this bauble bath melt has a hazy and very milky floral element to it - a discordance that hits you the minute you place the bath melt into the warm water. The scent has an almost creamy, powdery scent to it, yet there is something very floral about it as well.

Alongside this, there is also a very strong thread of both coconut and vanilla, which gives Winter's Night a sickly sweet element to it as well. The coconut was definitely very prevalent in this fragrance and I really appreciated the almost nutty component that you could smell on your skin after you exited the bath.

With a circumference roughly 7cm wide and with a thickness a little under a centimetre, this is definitely one of the biggest bath melts that Lush have ever unleashed into the world. While it is definitely a very intense experience to put the whole thing into the tub at once, I would suggest that you cut this into three or four pieces, as that would make it much better value for money. 

You certainly don't need to use the entire melt in one go and it would be far less messy breaking off pieces whilst its dry than hanging or storing the tablet once it's already been in the water. As the etching on the front of the melt dissolves first in the water, there is nothing particularly pretty about hanging a blob of pale pink butters around your room afterwards. For this reason, dividing this into four pieces would be a much better and slightly less messier way of enjoying this bauble.


Once in the water, Winter's Night rests on the surface and slowly ebbs streams of dark purple under and across the surface. These oils and butters tend to linger around the product at first so you have to swish it around with the piece of string to help it dissolve across the whole tub. After using half of one of these baubles, I found that the water turned a dark shade of purple, which reminded me very much of the colour of a dark winter's night.

What I will say is that I could definitely detect a change in the consistency of the water and I found that my skin felt smoother and softer within minutes. After towelling myself down, I could really notice how nourished my skin looked and felt and this is something that I felt was perhaps intensified somewhat because of the size of the bath melt I was using.

Another great point about Winter's Night was the fact that the fragrance stayed with me throughout my entire bath and I was able to smell gentle remnants of it on my skin afterwards as well. While these lingering notes were fairly subtle, it was still a lovely way to send myself off to bed, and I truly believe that the mimosa helped me to get a better night sleep than I have done in a while.

Unfortunately, out of all of the baubles that Lush offered last Christmas, this one seemed to age the quickest and so my other half had already turned a murky brown by the time I went to use it only a month later. Having said that, it still offered the same level of scent and moisture in the bath tub, and yet again gave me another wonderful night sleep off of the back of using one of these. 

For this reason, I would definitely purchase one of these, if Lush ever choose to bring them back for sale. In fact, Winter's Night actually rekindled my appreciation for this fragrance a little more and I went straight out and purchased a tub of Salted Coconut Hand Scrub after bathing with the bauble for the first time. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Unknown.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £6.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP