Recently

24 June 2016

Sophisticated Cream Eyeshadow


After my amazing experiences with Lush's Eye's Right Mascara and Independent Liquid Eyeliner, I now have very high expectations when it comes to other Lush make-up. For this reason, any new product I try is done so under very scrupulous judgement and I play close attention to every detail - I won't accept less than perfect.

Unfortunately, Sophisticated Cream Eyeshadow hasn't been awarded full marks, but that's not say it's not a fantastic product and one I wouldn't recommend. In fact, the only main factor that prevented it from getting top score was its price. For me, £14.50 is rather high for an eyeshadow - especially when compared to other shop-brought alternatives. While the eyeliner and mascara can be justified as they're on par with the big brands and last an awfully long time, this eyeshadow is nearly twice the price of a 'good quality' alternative, and given how quickly the pot goes down, it's a little costly.  

Aside from this problem, the eyeshadow is a highly effective product and one that I have enjoyed using these past few months. Made from a base of rose petal infusion, water and various oils and butters, the consistency of Sophisticated is beautiful. It's wonderfully smooth and creamy and very easy to apply - much better than the powdered versions I have been using for years. Yet despite the thickness of the liquid, this doesn't feel at all heavy after it's on your skin - something I was rather impressed with. 

The design of the brush makes it easy to apply this product quickly, with consistency but also with precision. Whereas powdered eyeshadows tend to go everywhere and you often have to wipe away and re-apply to get the right shape or shade, this eye shadow is easy to use and I haven't once had to 'start over'. However, this does mean that you cannot really blend this to get a multi-tonal effect.  

As with all of Lush's eyeshadows, eyeliners and lipsticks, Sophisticated is presented in a very practical packaging solution. The short brush means that the eyeshadow doesn't get 'lost' or wasted in the bottle and it's a lot easier to monitor how much you have left, without running out beforehand. Additionally, it also means that you have much more control when applying it; this helps you to style your make-up much more effectively. 

The colour of this eyeshadow is definitely one of my favourites. Described as a 'shimmering taupe' colour, this bronze beauty leaves a wonderfully soft, subtle yet beautiful shade on your eyes. It's not as vivid as I was expecting, but this does mean that I can wear it to work without it looking too heavy or 'over the top'.  
The softening base means that the colour can be spread and layered as much or as little as you please - yet when it's dry, it holds its colour and it's shape for the entire day. While the product will come away if you swipe your finger across it, it will remain in place, without smudging, if left alone. 

Sophisticated Cream Eyeshadow is definitely a firm favourite in my limited make-up range, but one I will have to use a little scrupulously if I want to get my money's worth. I will definitely buy this again but I hope that I won't have to do that for quite some time, given it's price tag. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Rose Petal Infusion, Water (Aqua), Talc, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Almond Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Cupuacu Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI77019, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 price: £14.50 for 5g.

2 comments


  1. You should review the Japan white day "mumkin in love" bubble bar! Thought it was cool but couldn't find a review for it.. It's like a pastel mumkin and it is so cute! Just an idea for you...
    A picture of it and info is on this link- http://leaddy.com/11030.html
    It was all I could find though!
    Hope you can review it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was necessary to maintain such an item available for storing Custom Cosmetic Boxes. We've worked with different businesses or have prior industry experience. Which do you want? Let me know, please.

    ReplyDelete


UP