Recently

28 July 2018

Under The Umbrella Tree Bath Bomb




If I am given the chance, I will happily spend hours/days/weeks exploring the outside environment wherever I am. In fact, the whole purpose of me travelling this year was to explore as much of the outside world as I could: something I hope to do for the rest of my life. Forest, beach, mountain, lagoon: anything that nature has to offer and I am all over it like a rash. 

That's why I really appreciate when Lush release cosmetics that replicate the smells, feelings and experiences of being outdoors. As someone who lives in a flat in London, I don't often have the privilege or the time to enjoy as much of the wildlife as I would like. For this reason, bathing with a product that can bring the outdoors into my own home, is of big interest to me.

Under The Umbrella Tree is a brand new limited edition bath bomb that looks exactly as the name suggests. While a little on the small size compared to Lush's regular bath bombs, this one offers an experience equal to that of a normal sized product - in terms of both colour and scent. 

Sharing its scent with the critically acclaimed Breath Of God Liquid Perfume, this beauty is incredibly intoxicating from the word go, and it's not surprising given the number of different ingredients featured here. A combination of cedarwood, sandalwood, vertivert and cade oil givens UTUT a strong, deep-rooted woody smell, with an underlying resinous kick that will get right up your nose. This is a very pronounced and slightly overbearing aroma, so is not one for those with a sensitive nose.

Alongside this, the pine pollen offers up a gentle but equally present green, fern-like note that gives the smell of this a little extra warmth. Coupled with the neroli, the grapefruit and lemon oils elevate this scent whilst each bringing gentle citrus notes to round the fragrance off. This is one of those aromas that you need to experience time and time again so that you can make out each of the notes, the more your nose becomes accustomed to the fragrance.

Having said that, I found this bath bomb far more alluring than the liquid perfume, as I believe it's too strong for my palette, so this is a great way to enjoy the Breath Of God aroma without having to commit to the strength and overbearing nature of the perfume itself. 

Despite its size, Under The Umbrella Tree doesn't enjoy floating on the surface of the water and will sink the moment you let ago. However, the bath bomb will continue to offer up a beautiful spring green colour in the tub that stays prominent throughout your time in the bath. The smell is equally as robust so you'll be able to smell this long after you've pulled the plug.

While I didn't notice this bath bomb being particularly moisturising  my skin did feel rather soft altering bathing in its waters. Furthermore, I could detect the scent on my body for a short while after towelling myself down - which is a welcome bonus for those who enjoy the original liquid perfume. 

While its price and size may not initially seem to match, the outcome is equally as impressive as a regular sized bomb, and those who enjoy this scent will be left very happy with the experience they receive. I would definitely buy this again, and definitely may do so at the Lush Summit event next month. This is definitely on that I'd recommend you try for yourself.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Epsom Salts, Citric Acid, Lemon Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Rose Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Grapefruit Oil, Neroli Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Cade Oil, Pine Pollen, Gardenia Extract, Water (Aqua), Cocoa Powder, Aloe Vera Extract, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 45350, Colour 42090, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each (80g).

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Breath of God Liquid Perfume
Breath of God Toothy Tabs
Inhale Exhale Ballistic

Under The Umbrella Tree Bath Bomb



1 comment

  1. We deliver these Cardboard Gift Boxes Wholesale to your doorstep in a short time at a reasonable price for a gift to your relatives. These Gift Gloss Finished boxes are used in places where gifts are put inside to please friends, relatives, and acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete


UP