Recently

2 July 2018

American Cream Shower Gel



After my initial excitement of Avocado Wash Shower Gel, I was a little more reserved when it came to the other limited edition gels that I had left to try. While I was super excited for all of the brand new shower products, I felt as if I had started with the best gel. However, it only took a single use for me to realise that American Cream was well up there as being almost equally as perfect. 

Sharing its scent with my all time favourite bubble bar, I Am 10, and the readily available conditioner of the same name, this limited edition shower gel was everything I could have asked for. For those who haven't heard me speak out about my early experiences with Lush, American Cream was one of the first scents that I discovered when visiting a store for the first time. 

I was bowled over with the beauty and subtlety of the fragrance right there and then, so was incredibly disappointed when I found out that it wasn't vegan. Fast forward a few years and Lush bring out American Pie Shower Jelly, which satisfied my craving for the scent but didn't exactly win me over with the format. So when I found out that the company were finally bringing out a liquid gel, I knew it was going to be something special.

What stole my heart immediately was discovering that it was the closest match to the original conditioner, which was the initial reason why I fell in love with the scent to begin with. The creaminess; the roundedness; and the equal balance of musk, floral and fruity really sealed the deal for me straight away, and pushed all thoughts of the other shower gels out of the window for a few days.

All of the ingredients are so pronounced here. You can smell the creamy, musky vanilla absolute, with a gentle layer of sweet strawberry to give this a mildly fruity smell. Yet the clary sage oil brings a gentle, rounded herbal element that brings warmth and depth to the scent. Alongside this there is a delicate thread of lavender laced throughout that elevates that herbal layer even further and adds an extra dose of natural sweetness. 

Lush describe the American Cream fragrance as being like strawberry milkshake topped with whipped cream. While I can make the link between that description and the smell, I feel as if this is selling the product very short. There is far more depth, more beauty and more sophistication about this aroma that can only be appreciated once you have the product in front of you.

What surprised me was that when I began using this in the shower, I found that it was thicker than both Avocado Wash and Sultana shower gels. It is still fairly on the thinner side (think Uluru) but it's not as runny as the aforementioned releases. 

When lathering up, I found that I needed very little this create a surplus of lather between the palms of my hands. An amount equalling that of a small raisin would easily be enough to clean your whole body with, which meant that although the other two gels were equally as generous, this one went down slower because I was able to use slightly less. 

Out of the bottle, American Cream Shower Gel never once lost its beautiful smell and coated my body with a layer of sweet, herbal goodness that cocooned me like a summer blanket. The heat from the shower retained the scent throughout the whole experience, and echoes of the fragrance stayed in the bathroom and on my skin for a couple of hours afterwards. 

Not only that but the inclusion of both the orange and strawberry juices meant that my body felt super clean afterwards and my skin looked really rejuvenated and radiant. While I wouldn't say that this is particular refreshing in the hotter months of the year, it definitely leaves your skin ready to face the heat and bare all in the sunshine. 

Although I knew I would love this shower gel, I didn't think it would rival Avocado Wash, and I didn't expect to love it quite as much as I did. My only gripe is that I have no more of my much-loved I Am 10 Bubble Bars to use alongside this for the ultimate experience. Would I buy this again? Most definitely.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Fresh Orange Juice, Fresh Strawberry Juice, Carrageenan Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Coumarin, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £12.95 for 275g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
American Cream Body Lotion
American Cream Conditioner
American Cream Liquid Perfume
American Cream Shower Gel
American Cream Solid Perfume
American Pie Shower Jelly
Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
I Am 10 Bubble Bar
Marshmallow World Bath Bomb
Twinkle Bath Ballistic


No comments

Post a Comment


UP