Recently

20 May 2019

Moon Spell Bath Bomb




There are times when I truly believe I have started to conquer the art of adulthood, only to come face-to-face with the reality that a.I really have no idea what I'm doing, and probably never will do; and b. That I wont ever be more than a twelve year old wrapped in an older shell. Having said this, the latter statement is something that I am truly happy to live with, so I shan't endeavour to change that about myself.  

When I heard consumers describing Moon Spell Bath Bomb as being candy-scented, and sweet; like sugar and spice and all things nice, the adolescent in me began to salivate at the thought of those teeth-rotting luxuries that sometimes find myself craving. The mere thought of being able to bathe in such a fragrance was enough to send my mind into overdrive.
Yet, when this bath bomb arrived on my doorstep, I found myself deeply disappointed by the lack of smell that it offered me from the get-go. If you enjoy candy that smells like they forgot to add most of the flavouring, this may well appeal to you. However, unless you're someone who prefers very gentle-scented baths, you may wish to avoid this one altogether.

While Brazilian orange oil appears to be the only key ingredient in this bath bomb, I found that the scent was far more delicate than I was expecting, and pertained a rather powdery sweetness as opposed to a fruitiness. In fact, Moon Spell almost smells like a bath bomb before a fragrance has been added: just a sweet, slightly musky smell.

What sets Moon Spell apart from most of the other bath bombs currently available over on Lush's website is that the design has two interlocking pieces that can be separated and used at two different times. While this is not mandatory by any means, consumers who wish to be more conservative with their bath bombs will no doubt appreciate how the design of this bomb lends itself in this way. However, because of how soft the scent was to begin with, I chose to use the whole thing in one go, and this was the result:
Firstly, I should point out that the blue piece of the bath bomb was an extremely slow fizzer: taking almost twenty minutes to fully dissolve in the water. If there was a record for the slowest-working bath bomb, this would be hailed as the clear winner. The smaller pink then is actually a jelly bomb, with carrageenan extract to add extra nourishment to the water.

If you're someone who is slightly hesitant to use this because of this latter fact, you'll be pleased to know that it doesn't create a sticky mess in and around your tub, and you won't be left covered in goo. In fact, this small piece offers the perfect amount of 'jelly' to add enough moisture without turning your bath into a swamp.

Once fully dissolved, Moon Spell offers a gentle shade of pale lilac in the water, which if my eyes weren't deceiving me, almost turned slightly grey throughout the duration of my bath. While not a colour that will inspire much of a reaction, it did make a change from the more vibrant baths I've been having as of late.
As to be expected, I found that the scent was almost nonexistent in the water and I certainly couldn't smell any traces of it on my skin afterwards. While my body did feel and look noticeably moisturised, my experience wasn't any different to what most of Lush's other bath bombs can offer.

Despite its captivating description, pretty design and skin-softening properties, Moon Spell didn't cast that much of a reaction over me, and I can see this disappearing through lack of sales in the near future. As you would expect, this is definitely not one that interests me enough to buy again, especially given how many other incredible bath bombs are available to buy at any given time.      

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Carrageenan Extract, Brazilian Orange Oil, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Dipropylene, Glycol Disodium, Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxy propyl methyl cellulose, Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.


coming soon!


No comments

Post a Comment


UP