Recently

23 May 2019

Pop Bubble Bar



As soon as I saw this bubble bar, I just knew it would become one of my firm favourites. For the last six years, Roy Lichtenstein has been my go-to artist when teaching art to my children and every single one of my classes have adored the project of creating their own pop art to finish the year. What better way of celebrating that summer is fast-approaching than by bathing in the concept as well. 

Pop Bubble Bar is not only inspired by the work of a male artist but the reference to the nickname 'pops' is probably how Lush have managed to link this product into the Father's Day range this year. However, while it may definitely pertain references that let it rest, it's definitely the odd one out when it comes to scent and design.
Sharing its scent with the likes of Snowman Shower Jelly and FUN Bar, not to mention the most recently released Star Spell Bath Bomb, this bubble bar offers a fragrance that is incredibly uplifting; bright and super refreshing. If you enjoy smells that are both fruity and zesty at the same time, you will want to grab one of these before they disappear from the shelves.

Featuring buchu, lemon and bergamot oils, this bubble bar has a strong - and what I would describe as being a - fizzy, fruity aroma: one that is best suited for those who enjoy uplifting, playful yet rather simplistic smells. As I have said in many reviews of other products featuring this scent, the main note I pick up from this smell is one of fresh tropical juice but with a sherberty twist. The buchu and lemon combine really well in this format, and the juicy combination offers up something a little different from just the normal citrus-scented creations. 

It's definitely not the worlds most complex aroma by any means. However, with the warmer months approaching fast, this is definitely one I can see myself using either when I want to wake myself up first thing in the morning, or when I want to freshen up after a long day under the sweltering heat. Having said that, the idea that England will offer anything close to sweltering temperatures is even a little too much of wishful thinking to begin with.
As with nearly all of Lush's bubble bars, this one crumbles with ease under the running tap, although I would suggest that you divide this into smaller pieces to conserve the product across two or three baths. Within seconds the water begins to feel softer between my hands; the red and yellow design helped to spread a wonderfully warming shade of orange throughout the water; and the fragrance engulfed the bathroom. There was also a generous amount of silky-soft bubbles to submerge myself beneath, although these tend to disperse within the first fifteen minutes of being in the bath.

After using just under half of the bar, I was really impressed with how incredible my skin felt afterwards. Pop is one of those bath products that can make a huge difference to the quality of your skin, and my body felt so nourished and radiant after I had towelled myself down. Not only this but the smell stayed with me throughout the whole bath, as well as lingering on both my skin and around the bathroom for a good hour or so after the plug had been pulled.

The inclusion of the cocoa butter in this bubble bar meant that I didn't feel the need to moisturise afterwards, yet my skin remained beautify soft and, as I said above, radiant throughout the whole day. Furthermore, my mood was instantly uplifted and I felt able to face the day on minimal hours of sleep.
While it sticks out like a sore thumb in the Father's Day range, it's a very welcome release from me, and I will definitely be stocking up on a few more of these before they disappear from the shelves. Given how moisturising it is, I was even considering breaking this bubble bar into eight very small pieces and just using a little, along with a bath bomb, to infuse those extra butters into the water.

Pop Bubble Bar is a great addition to the Lush family and will certainly be very popular for those who enjoy fruity fragrances. Like the sunrise in the early morning, this limited edition offers you a beautiful, refreshing warming hug to either start your day, or chase away those cobwebs after a long one.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Popping Candy, Perfume, Cornflour, Buchu Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Bergamot Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Limonene, Colour 47005, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019. 


No comments

Post a Comment


UP