Recently

11 December 2018

Manestream Hair and Beard Styling Cream



I don't really think I have to make the point of saying that I don't possess a beard. While there have been times in my past where I've fancied sporting one to see what it would be like, it would be very difficult for me to go about making that a reality. Instead, I have just had to make do with using this product on my hair.

Manestream Hair and Beard Styling Cream is another attempt by Lush to not only extend their haircare range but to branch out and include more options for male consumers as well. This Showcase exclusive not only offers something a little different from the other products currently in stores, but does so with an exquisite fragrance to boot.

As someone who doesn't use any styling products on their hair, it does take a while to add a product into my minimal routine. However, the merits of this are that I am able to see and experience very quickly whether or not a product works. From the moment I begin using a cream, wax, clay or spray, I'm usually able to notice a really big difference in how my locks perform, and this particular cream didn't disappoint in that way.

The idea behind Manestream is that it works like any other product on the market designed to give your hair a light hold. This is a cream for someone who wants to smooth down a few areas or tame a few straggling hairs that don't want to follow suit like the rest of their hair. This limited edition is for someone who wishes to do all of that, without it looking obvious at all that a product has been used, and of course without there being any damage caused in doing so. 

Quite a lot of products that I have used on my hair over the years have definitely had an impact on the overall condition of my hair. I've had sprays that have left my ends looking and feeling like a frayed knot; waxes that have coated my hair so badly that I feel as if I've dipped my locks in a chip fryer; and putties that have quite literally super-glued my hair to my head. After years of this 'abuse', my hair just simply won't take it anymore, and I wouldn't want to put it through anything like that again.

What I loved about Mainstream was that it didn't look or feel as if a product had really been used at all. Of course there was a very subtle change in the feeling of my hair after I had applied this cream. However, it was so minimal that I really cannot seeing anyone having a problem with using this at all. Furthermore, the product was so light that that 'feeling' I am talking about wasn't something that crossed my mind five minutes after applying the cream.

To use, I simply swiped my fingers across the surface of the cream - so that there was minimal product on my hands - before running my fingers through and across the areas I wanted to tame. You can use as much or as little, depending on what your ultimate aim is, but a small amount goes a long way. 

I found that Manestream was not greasy at all, and neither did it leave my hair looking greasy, which quite a number of other products tend to do when they have so many oils in their ingredients. Instead, the avocado oil got to work at leaving my hair feeling soft, without it feeling as if it had been doused in too much grease.

While it's described as a styling cream, Manestream can also be used to condition and moisturise your hair, and leave it feeling soft.  If like me your hair is rather dry, I would suggest applying this to damp hair, so that when your locks dry, the avocado oil has already got to work at infusing your hair with added moisture. However, I found that this styling cream also worked as efficiently when applied to dry hair, especially as a last minute conditioning tool for hair that's gone a bit wayward.

Containing patchouli, cistus and gardenia extract, as well as a generous helping of vanilla absolute, this product has a wonderfully spicy and sightly green aroma. The patchouli is definitely the strongest component and offers a very earthy, grounded aroma. Alongside this, there is a delicate grassiness as well as a subtle smokiness that comes out a lot more once this product has been applied.

On the hair, Manestream tends to linger for a good while, and I was able to detect various notes throughout the day whenever the wind blew my hair. The product definitely wasn't as effective as a clay or putty. However, it kept my hair looking and feeling soft; allowed my frizzy tuffles to stay down throughout the whole day; and offered me an aroma that I could enjoy again and again.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima), Patchouli Infusion (Pogostemon cablin), Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate,Organic Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Silica, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Cistus Oil (Cistus ladaniferus), Myrrh Resinoid (Commiphora myrrha), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, *Anise Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citral, *Eugenol, Oakmoss Extract (Evernia Prunastri), *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Chlorophyllin (CI 75810), Colour 19140:1, Colour 42090:2.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: unsure.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


Scent Family:
Manestream Hair And Beard Styling Cream

The President's Hat Liquid Perfume







No comments

Post a Comment


UP