Recently

7 December 2018

Butterball Perfume Oil



Although I've been using this perfume oil longer than any of the others, I have purposely chosen to leave the review of this until now, simply because I have been very unsure of what to make of it. I certainly don't want any of my reviews to be in any way misleading, and I also don't want to be negative about a product without good reason. However, I feel as if I have had enough experience of using Butterball Perfume Oil to know where I stand with this release.

One of five brand new perfume oils to be released from Lush a couple of weeks ago, this scent is one of my go-to fragrances over the winter period. There is something so beautiful and elegant about the scent of this that proves itself time and time again to be amazingly comforting. While simplistic and not a personal favourite, I was actually really excited about trying both this and the liquid perfume out. My interest was roused even further when I removed the lid of this oil and took my first sniff.

From the bottle, Butterball smells almost identical to that of the original bath bomb it is based on. My nose detected a wonderfully warm, rounded vanilla smell, with a light muskiness about it that fans of this aroma will know and love. The subtle tracings of ylang ylang sat under the surface - elevating the fragrance just slightly and adding a gentle, floral aroma.

How it differed very slightly from the bath bomb, and more noticeably from the body lotion, body conditioner and shower jelly, is that the inclusion of the cocoa butter smell was not as prominent as it has been known to be in these other formats. The smell on offer here is far lighter and more powdery, and not as chocolately at all.

On my skin, Butterball Perfume Oil offered near-on the exact same smell. While it did dampen a little over the first matter of minutes, the vanilla absolute was definitely the leading note overall. Wearing this scent felt very much as if I had sprinkled a load of icing sugar onto my skin and added a touch of cocoa butter to the mix.

As I have explained in my reviews of all of the perfume oils, these products can be used in one of many ways, which is what makes these little bottles of oils so versatile. The traditional way is to actually apply the oil directly to your clothes, which you can do so by popping a couple of drops into the palm of your hands; massaging it between your hands; and then gently stroking your hands across your clothes to allow for even courage.

The reason why you're supposed to do it this way, and not apply it directly to your clothes, is that it's very difficult to control the amount of oils that come out of the bottle at any one time. Too much oil applied to a piece of clothing could potentially cause permanent oil stains, which are very hard to remove. Furthermore, it also makes it very difficult to spread the oil across a large space, as it will have automatically soaked into the garment as soon as it made contact with it.

As most consumers will no doubt want to do by default, you can also apply the perfume directly to your pulse points: your inner wrists, your temples, and even along your jawline. Simply dab a little of the oil straight from the bottle to these areas, and then briefly massage a little to stimulate the oils from the heat of your skin. The warmth of your body will help to strengthen the sillage of the fragrance, and help it to remain on the skin for as long as possible.

As I tend to do with my solid perfumes, you can also apply this to your beard, or ends of your hair, to carry the perfume in another manner. In fact, this is probably my favourite way of wearing solid perfumes and perfume oils because every slight breeze will offer you a little taste of the smell you are using. In addition, the oils featured in the ingredients will also help to moisturise your hair a little whilst its on there.

When it came to Butterball, I chose to try it on my skin, clothes and hair, and see which method heeded the strongest and longest lasting results. What I found was that applying it to my clothes helped this oil to stay with me for a good 3-4 hours, whereas on the hair and skin it tended to fade within the first hour.

Unlike some of the other oils, I found that once this one had been on the skin for around 45 minutes, I could no longer smell it at all. Even straining my nose didn't result in me getting even the slightest whiff of this scent at all, which is what made it disappointing. 

I'll be honest and say that the liquid perfume didn't have the longest life either. However, I only had to reapply it a single time to see me through the day. With Butterball Perfume Oil, I found that I was having to reapply every hour, if I wanted to appreciate the smell, and this just isn't conducive to anyone's daily schedule.

Overall, while the smell is a good replica of this fragrance family, the longevity of the smell lets the oil down immensely. I've heard that some consumers like to use their solid perfumes as replacements for wax melts, and I'm wondering whether or not the same could be done with the perfume oils. This might be  a great way of experiencing the smell in a more intense manner, and I'm almost tempted to buy a oil burner to find out for myself. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil, Synthetic Musk, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Linalool. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £12 for 15ml.


Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Angel Hair Solid Shampoo Bar
Butterball Bath Bomb
Butterball Body Conditioner
Butterball Body Lotion
Butterball Liquid Perfume
Butterball Perfume Oil
Butterball Shower Gel
Butterbear Bath Ballistic
Butterbear Shower Jelly
The Ex Factor Bath Bomb
Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo
Peace Pioneers Shower Oil


The Snowman Ballistic

No comments

Post a Comment


UP