Recently

8 December 2018

Grass Perfume Oil




Sometimes I find myself lost for words, which is why I give myself a few days of rest before I continue to blog about the products I've been using. Other times, I find it difficult to describe something in a way that will allow others to experience the fragrances in the same way that I did. When this happens, I often turn to the company themselves to help me out. 

Lush describe Grass Perfume Oil as being like 'the first flushes of summer', and I couldn't agree more. There is something so light and summery about this fragrance that genuinely makes me feel warmer just from the smell it offers from the bottle. The company go on to say that this limited edition is like 'freshly cut grass meets arresting neroli, with just a hint of violet.' They describe the aroma as having earthy notes of sandalwood; a touch of smokiness; a little herbal kick; and a splash of fruitiness. When I read this statement out loud, I envisage a perfume that is heavy and condensed, and far more complex than I genuinely think it smells and acts on the skin.

Just like the liquid perfume, my nose immediately picked up on the fact that this is far more like the aforementioned bubble bar than the shower gel. While this limited edition replicates the scent family really well, the shower gel is slightly heavier when in use, whereas the bubble bar is lighter and more crisp on the senses. This perfume oil is more like the latter, and so much like the liquid perfume it's amazing: so much so that I'm going to describe it in the same manner.

As its name suggests, this perfume oil smells like a freshly cut lawn, with the dampness of the soil underneath and the sweetness of the sunshine entangled in a bouquet of pure bliss. The bergamot and neroli oils work together to create a smell that is fresh and light, whilst also offering a natural sweetness that can only be replicated if you head outside to smell the actual grass in your garden. Finally, the sandalwood adds a subtle note of woodiness, albeit very low down in the mix, which works as a base on which the other ingredients simply flourish.

On the skin, Grass Perfume Oil offers all of the above, although the aroma dampens a little after the first couple of minutes. Mixing with the air allows the sweetness, the crisp notes of neroli, and the greeness of the bergamot to elevate themselves, so you can smell this wonderful fragrance ever time you whip your arm past your nose, or a gust of wind disturbs the perfume again. Fans of this aroma will be incredibly pleased with the creation of this product and as somebody, who like I said, doesn't class this as a personal favourite, even I was bowled over by how delicious this perfume oil is.

Just like all of the other perfume oils, this one can be used in one of many ways, which is what makes these little bottles of oils so versatile. The traditional way is to actually apply the oil directly to your clothes, which you can do so by popping a couple of drops into the palm of your hands; massaging it between your hands; and then gently stroking your hands across your clothes to allow for even courage. The perfume oil doesn't actually absorb into your skin at first so you can do this without losing very much on your hands, and I found that the scent lasted longer when I applied it like this, compared to how long it lasted when I dabbed a little on my skin.

The reason why you're supposed to do it this way, and not apply it directly to your clothes, is that it's very difficult to control the amount of oils that come out of the bottle at any one time. Too much oil applied to a piece of clothing could potentially cause permanent oil stains, which are very hard to remove. Furthermore, it also makes it very difficult to spread the oil across a large space, as it will have automatically soaked into the garment as soon as it made contact with it.

As most consumers will no doubt want to do by default, you can also apply the perfume directly to your pulse points: your inner wrists, your temples, and even along your jawline. Simply dab a little of the oil straight from the bottle to these areas, and then briefly massage a little to stimulate the oils from the heat of your skin. The warmth of your body will help to strengthen the sillage of the fragrance, and help it to remain on the skin for as long as possible.


As I tend to do with my solid perfumes, you can also apply this to your beard, or ends of your hair, to carry the perfume in another manner. In fact, this is probably my favourite way of wearing solid perfumes and perfume oils because every slight breeze will offer you a little taste of the smell you are using. In addition, the oils featured in the ingredients will also help to moisturise your hair a little whilst its on there.

What was interesting about Grass Perfume Oil was that it seemed to outlast the liquid version when applied to my skin. I could still smell remnants of the oils 2-3 hours after I had initially applied them on my pulse points, and probably close to four hours on my clothing I was wearing. While it wasn't an aroma that was particularly powerful, a little gust of wind would remind me of the neroli and bergamot in short, sharp bursts throughout the day.

Surprisingly, this is my favourite perfume oil from the selection that Lush released a couple of weeks ago, and I will be carrying this little beauty with me when I travel to Europe for Christmas. As it's not possible for somebody to bottle the summer, this is the closest we are ever going to get to making it a reality. What a lovely surprise!

Quantitiative Ingredients: Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil, Perfume, Sandalwood Oil,  Bergamot Oil, Neroli Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Citronellol, *Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Farnesol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £18 for 15ml.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Against Animal Testing Soap
Autumn Leaf Bath Ballistic
Grass Body Lotion




No comments

Post a Comment


UP