Recently

14 December 2018

Cranberry Fizz Lip Scrub



Cranberries have never been something that my family or I have ever indulged in, aside from my mum drinking a glass of the juice every morning when I was much younger. I think the fruit is definitely more of an American Thanksgiving tradition than anything else, as I don't recall ever having cranberry sauce or jelly on any of my meats growing up.

To be honest, I usually find the fragrance of cranberries to be a little too bitter and sour for my liking, so I tend to shy away from any cosmetics that have the fruit at the forefront of their smell. However, I was intrigued and very surprised when I sniffed Cranberry Fizz Lip Scrub for the first time and found myself enjoying the scent rather a lot.

Containing peach kernel, orange and lime oils, it's safe to say that the smell of this lip scrub is gorgeous. It's like a fruity collaboration between the cranberry and the other components, so rather than the bitterness of the cranberries coming through, the orange and peach soften the edge with a syrup-like burst of fruity sweetness. The lime oil then runs through all of this with it's uplifting and slightly zesty appearance.

Although not really something that should be particularly important, the taste of this lip scrub was one of the best I have tasted so far. Many a time I found myself scooping the product right out of the pot and consuming it like it was a dessert. Whereas I would normally detect a very delicate soapy component to the taste of Lush's lip scrubs, I found that this wasn't the case with this one - which could be seen as a good or a bad thing, depending on how much restraint you have when it comes to your sweet-tooth.

To use, I simply scooped out a tiny amount with my finger and then rubbed the scrub all over my lips in a circular motion for about thirty seconds. Then the best part: I used my tongue to lick off the excess sugar from my lips before applying my favourite lip gloss or balm to finish the routine.

With Cranberry Fizz, I found that my lips felt super smooth and soft almost immediately, and they continued to feel this way for a good few hours afterwards. Any dried skin that had been present before using this disappeared, and after trying this across the space of a few days, I found that any signs of chapping disappeared within forty-eight hours.

Ultimately, this little lip scrub is a must have from this year's Christmas range. Although small and possibly something that many consumers will ignore, I highly suggest that you tuck one of these away in your loved one's stocking, so that they can enjoy smooth and soft lips during the more harsher months of the year.

Quantitative Ingredients: Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Citric Acid, Peach Kernel Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cranberry Seed Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Ginger Absolute, Lime Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Citral, *Limonene, Flavour, Colour 77491, Colour 15850:1.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2018 Price: £6.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP