Recently

9 September 2017

Rub Rub Rub Naked Shower Scrub



Rub Rub Rub Solid Scrub is far from the attractive product that its older sibling is. While they're almost identical in terms of colour, there is something rather beautiful about the liquid version that seems to have been lost in translation when it comes to the solid edition. I think perhaps the haphazardness of the whole design has something to do with it. However, the principles behind the solid product are enough to redeem it in many other ways, as you're about to find out.

One aspect that I noticed right away with this solid edition is the fact that the fragrance is a little weaker when compared to the original version. While I have always raved about Rub Rub Rub being one of my favourite scrubs, it is mostly because of the scent as opposed to its efficiency as an actual scrub. For this reason, it was disappointing then to discover that the smell has somewhat diminished in this format. I'm not for one second saying that the aroma isn't there to begin with; neither am I saying that it's recognisable scent cannot be detected at all. Just that I didn't find this product to be as wholesome or as withstanding as it's older sibling.

Containing jasmine flower, mimosa and orange blossom absolute, Rub Rub Rub has a rich, sultry floral aroma that will make an immediate impression on your senses. While I find that the overall scent is one mostly dominated by the blossom components, you can definitely smell the natural richness of the jasmine; and there is also a little sweetness brought about by the inclusion of the lemon oil. There is definitely not a fruity, zesty or citrusy element to this scrub, but both the lemon and the sea salt make this far more than just a floral fragrance.

Much like the liquid edition, this scrub is packed full of sea salt, which acts as both an exfoliator and a detoxifier. As I said in my review of the original, it's amazing that anyone would choose to rub salt and lemon across their body - when salt supposedly drys out the skin, and the acidity of lemon can irritate pores. Having said this, unless you've just shaved your legs, the scrub actually 

What I really liked about the solid edition was the fact that it was far easier to give your body a good, hard scrub. Although the liquid version leaves your skin wonderfully smooth, and the original solid block is a little better at offering a slightly sturdier experience overall, neither versions boast serious buffing capabilities - for someone like myself who loves the scratchier exfoliators. This limited edition is not as scratchy as I'd like, but it is far easier to apply pressure across the body and give your skin a good scrub. 

Out of the three editions, this is by far the better scrub - not only because of its exfoliating properties, but because of both its longevity and the ease in which you can store it. The liquid version is easy to store but I find that I can end up using an awful lot of product because of its thin consistency; the old solid edition tends to last a little longer than a 100g tub, but it becomes very sticky and slimy in between uses, and I find that it melts if left in the bathroom. Rub Rub Rub Naked Scrub not only outlasted a 100g tub twice-fold, but I also found that it dried relatively quickly in between uses, and it didn't leave a mess either. For this reason, I'd probably invest in this edition over the other two. 

On the skin, the scrub works best when massaged in a circular motion across the skin, where it leaves a blue lather that rinses away easily. Not only is the scrub easy to hold and doesn't become slippery, but it doesn't seem to shrink that much when used under the running water. While conservative Lushies may wish to keep the product away from the water, as much as they can, I didn't find that it made much of a difference to the size overall.

My skin felt really clean and smooth after using this, and the scent remained present on my body for a short while after exiting the shower. I only wish that my skin felt as gloriously silky as it does after using the original, and that the fragrance was as strong on the skin afterwards as the liquid version offers. 

Overall, I would definitely buy this again, and I may even choose this one over the liquid version, simply because I think it is a better exfoliator and lasts longer than a small tub does - making it better value and slightly more ecologically friendly. 

Quantitative Ingredients: ?

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £6.95 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2017.


Scent Family:
17 Cherry Tree Lane Soap
Mother Of Pearl Bubbleroon
Mother Superior Bubble bar
Rub Rub Rub Naked Shower Scrub
Rub Rub Rub Salt Scrub
Rub Rub Rub Solid Scrub
Sakura Bath Bomb
Sakura Perfume
Seanik Solid Shampoo



No comments

Post a Comment


UP