Recently

14 September 2017

Man In The Moon Bubble Bar



Man In The Moon is a dream reimagined and repackaged as a bubble bar - a product that would easily become a best seller if released all year round. In fact, it feels almost criminal to confine this beauty to the restraints of a single season, and I hope that Lush recognise the potential this has as a regular item.

If there is one product that is long overdue in the Lush catalogue, it's a Calacas-scented bubble bar. If nothing else, the popularity of The Enchanter, Monsters' Ball and Calavera will tell you that Lush fans love ourselves a bit of lime, and this is a much-welcome member of the scent family for sure.


Having said that, I have had discussions in the past about Lush releasing a bubble bar with this fragrance, and have always reached the conclusion that the scent wouldn't work in this format. I'm happy to announce that I am ready to eat my words; in fact, I would say that this fragrance might even work better as a bubble bar than a bath bomb.

Containing lime, olibanum and neroli oils, Man In The Moon is a bright, zesty product that will bring some much-needed sunshine into your life, and into your bath tub. Much like every other product in this fragrance, this bubble bar is sweet, fruity and citrusy - smelling like a combination of lime fruit pastilles and edible jelly. 

While it has been proven that citrus smells can dampen and lose their power after a certain amount of time (when presented in any format), you will be pleased to know that this bubble bar makes a solid impression from the get-go, and continues to offer strong bursts of juicy lime goodness throughout the entire experience. In hindsight, I think it is the inclusion of both the olibanum and neroli oils that helps to ground the overall aroma of this bubble bar - thus why it is able to be both strong and robust while also offering an experience that is equally both light and crisp. 


Although the initial price tag may put some people off from giving this one a go, and I won't deny that I think it is a little overpriced for what it is, the bubble bar is not only huge, but powerful enough to see you through at least two different baths if you so choose. Those of you who like to indulge heavily may wish to use the whole product (as I did). However, it can also be used across multiple baths and still smell heavenly and robust.

Its consistency is a little different to most of Lush's other bath bombs, as it appears to be slightly soft and a little squidgy when you try to break a piece off. For this reason, I would recommend that you use a knife to cut it into chunks and ensure that the remaining piece is kept somewhere cool and dry between uses. 

However much you choose to use, Man In The Moon creates a stunning lime-green shade in the tub and is super-soft on the skin as well. The zesty lime fragrance lingered in my bathroom for hours after I had finished, and the smell radiated from my skin for a short while after I had towelled myself down as well.  It would have been wonderful if the aroma had been a little stronger on my skin, so I could indulge in the scent throughout the day. However, my Calacas Body Lotion and Liquid Perfume were able to offer me that experience anyway.

Ultimately, I believe that this is one of the greatest Christmas Bubble Bars that Lush have released so far - it even offers Peeping Santa a little friendly competition. Despite the price, I will be buying a number of these to see me through the winter months and I only hope that it makes an appearance again, at some point in the near future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cream of Tartar, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lime Oil, Olibanum Oil, Neroli Oil, Cornflour, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide, *Benzyl Salicylate, *Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Colour 42090, Colour 19140, Colour 47005, Vegan Dark Chocolate.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.25 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.


Scent Family:
Calacas Shower Gel
Calacas Shower Jelly
Calacas/Day of The Dead Perfume
Lady Catrina Soap
Man In The Moon Bubble Bar
Monsters' Ball Bath Bomb
Skullduggery Ballistic


No comments

Post a Comment


UP