Recently

6 March 2018

Lemon Zest Soap




Sometimes you just need a little sunshine in your life, and when you live in England you often have to create this yourself. If there is one scent that lends itself to helping you bring that warmth and happiness to your shower it is lemon.

Lemon Zest is a simple soap - not one that can boast a complex or overly complicated fragrance, nor one that is going to win any awards for its design. Yet there are always times in my life when simplicity appeals to me, especially when I’m looking for something to wake me up in the morning. 

While the perfume added to this soap was created with longevity in mind, I found that this was perhaps the weakest out of the four Mother’s Day soap family specials. Sharing its fragrance with Refresher Shower Jelly, this soap features a powerful concoction of lemon oil, fresh lemon peel and lemon myrtle oil. Together, these ingredients offer a refreshing, fruity lemon aroma. Smelling a little like a freshly made lemon meringue pie, or a bag of lemon sherbet, this smell is both zesty and bright. 

Rosewood adds a warming undertone that holds the citrusy components together while the cocoa butter and coconut oil help to thicken the scent and give the smell a creaminess that will make you salivate from the very first use.

Part of a new four part floral collection featuring 3D printed designs, Lemon Zest has a shape designed to make it easy to use and just as simple to store. As with the other three limited editions in this series, I found the shape of this meant that I was able to lather myself with ease and didn’t drop it a single time on the shower. Even when the soap had shrunk quite dramatically, I still found that it was easy to grapple with - which helped increase the life-span of each bar a little more than your average soap.

The soap produces a yellow-tinted lather which is both light and fluffy and very easy to massage across your skin. My only qualms with this soap is that I didn’t find it particularly easy to stimulate a lot of suds with Lemon Zest, unless I rubbed it between my palms beforehand. Having said that, I didn’t need a lot of soap to clean my whole body with so I was able to keep this soap out of the way of the running water for most of my shower. Ultimately, this meant that this soap worked out to be one of the longest lasting ones from the collection. 

Unlike the other Mother’s Day Soaps, this one didn’t leave its scent on my skin afterwards, which would have cemented this as my favourite if it had done so. What was great about this one however was that it retained its shape for a long time and was rather stubborn to shrink. This meant that the bar lasted me a good month with daily washing before it had even gotten to half of its original size.

After using this, my body felt super clean and crisp, and there was a slight radiance about my skin which lasted a good while through the day. Despite how soft my hands felt, I did need to moisturise afterwards as the spaces between each of my fingers felt a little parched and dry. However, no other part of my body suffered from this and I was able to enjoy smooth legs for the whole day without using a body lotion. 

Overall, the smell of this was what won me over the most and I enjoyed how refreshing it made me feel after using this. The longevity was also another positive merit that this soap possessed, and those using it as a hand soap would be able to stretch the life of this out even more.  Having said this, I wouldn’t replace my favourite shower gels with this soap as it’s not as nourishing as it could be, and it would be far more impressive if the fragrance lasted longer than simply in the shower.

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Lemon Oil, Fresh Lemon Peel, *Limonene, Murumuru Butter, Rosewood Oil, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Almond Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Bicarbonate, *Citral, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 47005.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family: 
Lemon Zest Soap
Refresher Shower Jelly



1 comment

  1. japan lush says, It shares the scent "Lemon melt" shower gel.

    ReplyDelete


UP