Recently

3 March 2018

Raspberry Milkshake Soap




I’ve always said that my three favourite fragrances are blackcurrant, lime and raspberry, yet Lush have a very limited number of products featuring the latter scent. In fact, raspberry is one of the most difficult smells to replicate in cosmetic format, which is why I get so excited over anything that claims to possess this aroma in any way, shape or form.

When I heard that Lush were bringing out a soap called Raspberry Milkshake, my mouth immediately began to salivate at the very thought of the juiciness that could unfold in my shower, if the company nailed the fragrance. I’m happy to report that this soap was even more exquisite than I could have ever imagined it to be, and the prospect of other products in this scent is so exciting.

What you should know about this soap is that it doesn’t exactly smell like a raspberry milkshake, more like a wonderful fruity cocktail or a rich and rather expensive smelling juice made from nothing but raspberries and lemon juice. This is not at all creamy or ‘milky’ - instead offering a bright and very juicy aroma that will have you fighting yourself not to take a big bite of the soap.

This is not like anything that Lush have released before. With very little to compare it to, I can safely say that it is nothing like the Mumkin scent at all, although there is a berry-esque element to the soap that comes out in the shower and reminds me of the same note that Mumkin offers: Raspberry Milkshake is far richer and much more sultry on the senses.

What makes this soap so effective is the impressive list of ingredients that have gone into making it. As well as adding to the overall scent, the lemon oil brings clarity to the skin, cleans the pores and helps to add a little radiance; the inclusion of the almond oils calms the skin and reduces the appearance of rashes or irritated skin. The davana oil is a natural relaxant, to calm any tensions in the shower, whilst acting like a antiseptic to clean the skin thoroughly. 

While the inclusion of the raspberry seeds are supposed to offer a light buffer for the skin, I wasn’t really able to detect much of a difference between the texture of this soap and a regular one. In fact, I found that this soap was slightly soft to the touch, and became almost gooey under the running water. 


Compared with the other four Mother’s Day soaps, this one was definitely a little trickier to use, and you’re more likely to drop this one on the shower. Furthermore, I found that this one doesn’t work well at all being left near anything damp between uses. This soap will shrink so quickly if you don’t dry it off when it’s not being used and will leave a sticky puddle of pink goo to clean up afterwards as well. 

Between my palms, Raspberry Milkshake produced a thick, oil-like lather, that transferred onto the skin with ease and immediately got to work at cleaning my body. As with most soaps, this one wasn’t the most moisturising and tended to leave my skin needing a body lotion afterwards. Having said that, my skin did appear brighter and softer after using this, and the smell lingered for a good while afterwards as well. In fact, I really appreciated the fact that the fragrance intensified quite a bit in the shower, which made my experience even more enjoyable.

While the format is not one that I would choose for myself, the scent of this is truly beautiful, and I would definitely urge Lush to consider bringing out more goodies in this fragrance. Raspberry Milkshake didn’t bring all of the boys to the yard, but it made having a shower with my boy even more enjoyable.

Quantitative Ingredients: Almond Milk, Propylene Glycol, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Water (Aqua), Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Fresh Raspberry Juice, Raspberry Seeds, Dried Larkspur Frosted Blue, Vanilla Absolute, Davana Oil, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, *Citral, *Coumarin, *Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Colour 17200, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £6.95 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Pink Floral Milk Giant Bombshell
Raspberry Milkshake Soap



No comments

Post a Comment


UP