Recently

1 March 2018

Whole Lotta Love Bubbleroon




Back in 2015, when I experienced my very first Valentine’s Day release, I remember how excited I was about all of the colours and designs that the seasonal range has to offer. While it’s not my favourite release by far, there is something about the deep reds, pinks and golds that make this the most visually stunning collection of the year. 

While not a brand new release, the originally-named Heart Throb Bubbleroon has definitely been updated - complete with a slightly bigger design and a different fragrance to boot. And while I will of course compare Whole Lotta Love with its older relative, both products have their merits for sure.

Sharing its scent with the popular Love scent family, this Valentine’s Day special combines bergamot, jasmine, lemongrass and rose together to create a strange but alluring combination of floral, green and fruity properties. As the key ingredient, the former component offers a spicy floral note with references to something slightly green-like and fruity at the same time. It is this ingredient in fact that people associate with the subtle cinnamon-like note that some consumers can detect in other Love-scented products. Personally, I couldn’t detect it anywhere near to the level that I can in Fizzbanger Bath Bomb

Alongside this, the jasmine and the rose absolute offer a strange collaboration of floral notes that shouldn’t really work - a predicament proven by the fact that I find my nose often questioning whether I actually like the scent or not. Finally, the inclusion of the lemongrass sandwiches the different elements together with a soured, citrus-like note that lifts the floral qualities a little whilst complimenting the green-like properties of the bergamot.

What is great about Whole Lotta Love is that firstly it can easily be broken into two pieces and used across multiple baths. Rather than having to chop the bubbleroon up into chunks, you can simply twist the two sides and it will break away with each. While I used the whole thing to begin with, I found that the fragrance and the colour were just as vivid and pronounced when I used it across two baths as well. In fact, the shade of deep red that this produces after you’ve crumbled this under the tap is so beautiful. 

Secondly, the inclusion of the shea butter, which is used to sandwich the pieces together make this such a nourishing experience for the skin. I found that the water was impressively silky and moisturised my skin to the point that I was still able to see and feel the results the day after I had bathed in the tub: no body lotion needed. 

Finally, the scent is strong enough that it will stay with you throughout the whole experience, and will also linger on your skin afterwards for a good couple of hours. For those who possess the Love Liquid Perfume, a spray of this once you’ve towelled yourself down is a must-do, and you’ll be feeling very beautiful for a long time afterwards. 

Although this is definitely not my favourite fragrance from Lush, I have a whole Lotta Love for the scent in this format. The colour: the design: the golden centre all make this a bubbleroon that you’ll want to use time and time again. This is definitely one that I would buy again. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Murumuru Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Bergamot Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Lemongrass Oil, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Absolute, Cornflour, Organic Shea Butter, Water (Aqua), Gardenia Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Laureth 4, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Oak Moss Extract, Colour 77492, Colour 77491, Colour 17200, Colour 14700, Colour 19140.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Fizzbanger Bath Bomb
Lonely Hearts Bubble Bar
Love Apple Bubble Bar
Love 'Atmosphere' Shower Gel
Love Island Body Scrub
Love Perfume
Love Potion Massage Bar
Love Soap
Whole Lotta Love Bubbleroon



No comments

Post a Comment


UP