Recently

7 May 2018

Dirty Springwash Naked Shower Gel



Unlike a large percentage of Lush fans, I managed to grab one of these when they made a fleeting appearance in the Lush Kitchen last year. As part of a two week 'naked offering' Lush showcased many of their regular line shower gels in naked form - a sign of things to come by the looks of things.

As I have no doubt said before in many of my Dirty-scented product reviews, this is not a fragrance I get excited about at all. While I have no issues with mint scented cosmetics, there are very few that make much of an impression on me, which is why it's taken me close to a year to finally publish a review of a product that I finished many months ago. 

Although my pictures depict a pale blue bottle with bobbles and a wonky design, I can safely say that Lush have improved the design quite a bit with their Father's Day release. The newer version is much darker in colour; far smoother to look at and touch; and appears to have a slightly stronger scent as well, which will be a positive for Dirty fans.

Sharing its scent with the Dirty Springwash range, this is definitely a fragrance for those who prefer the slightly more masculine aromas, which makes it very fitting for Father's Day. For those unfamiliar with the scent, this mint-dominated soap is both refreshing and surprisingly light. The strong thread of spearmint reminds me of freshly brushed teeth, while the menthol crystals adds an extra layer to the aroma that is rather cooling, especially during the hotter months of the year. Unlike Christingle, I didn't feel the effects of the menthol crystals on my skin at all - it was just within the aroma that I felt it had an impact.

Alongside the mint, there is also a gentle herbal note from the thyme oil. This adds a slightly astringent note to the soap, which although doesn't offer the same level of fragrance as the spearmint, does make the smell of this different from the typical mint-smelling cosmetics you find in other stores. You can tell that the thyme is present, but it's not overbearing.

When compared to both Moustachio Soap and Dirty Springwash Shower Gel, I found that this shower gel was a little creamier in fragrance: I felt as if the mint element was a little softer on the senses, and this could work as an advantage for those who are not so keen on harsh, very clinical smelling mints.

As with all of Lush's naked shower gels, the company describe them as having double the concentration of liquid shower gels, so they can supposedly last twice as long when compared to the liquid counterparts. Now whether this original bottle was not formulated as well as the more recent update, or whether I didn't store it as successfully as I should have done, but I found that this naked shower gel lasted maybe a week or two longer than a 250g bottle of Lush shower gel. In fact, I found that the initial few weeks or using this saw it shrunk an awful lot, before it seemed to slow down a little after this. When compared to some of Lush's other naked shower gels, I felt as if this format was not as successful, although this might not be a reflection on the recently re-released version for Father's Day.


Add caption
What was impressive about Dirty Springwash was that the lather was thick and creamy, and I enjoy slathering it all over my body. In addition, I found that the note of thyme became a little more prominent on my skin as well, which gave this naked version a special twist when in use. Afterwards, my skin felt as soft as I would expect from any of Lush's shower gels (solid and liquid) and a light mint scent lingered around for a short while - which was great directly before going to bed as it made me feel really clean.

Ultimately, this was never going to be a product I would rave about: I don't even enjoy the liquid version all that much, and long time followers will know how much passion I have for my shower gels. If you appreciate the Dirty range, I would suggest that you get one to compare the experience yourself; you might enjoy the slight variation in scent compared to the other Dirty range. However, if you're not overly fussed with this fragrance, I would give it a miss.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Propylene, Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Stearate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Guar Gum, Spearmint Oil, Menthol Crystals, Thyme Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Alpha-Isomethyl ionone, Hydroxycitronella,l *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £9.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Dirty Body Spray
Dirty Massage Bar
Dirty Soap
Dirty Solid Perfume
Dirty Springwash Naked Shower Gel
Dirty Springwash Shower Gel
Dirty Toothy Tabs

Moustachio Soap






No comments

Post a Comment


UP