Recently

14 May 2018

Mum In A Spin Bubble Spinner



While I wouldn't go as far as to say that I mourned after using this bubble spinner for the first time, I definitely felt like scolding myself for leaving it untouched in my Lush package for so long. Not only because I realised the scent immediately upon sniffing it and wished I had a million more to indulge in, but because it turned out to be one of the most incredible bubble spinners I have tried from Lush so far.

Another product to add itself to the Twilight family, this limited edition Mother's Day edition made its debut earlier this year - adding to the impressive (but equally rather uninspiring) range of bubble spinners that Lush have 'gifted' us with this year so far. Yet there was something about this one which suggested the company were upping their game when it came to their reusable bubble bars, and this has definitely been proven with the recent release of Fun For All The Family. 

Containing a combination of tonka, lavender and ylang ylang, this bubble spinner offers a rich, sultry and very rounded lavender smell: one that celebrates all of the natural herbal elements of the plant itself whilst indulging the senses in a thick layer of tonka to sweeten the deal. There is something slightly caramel-like about the Twilight aroma that I love, and this format holds the fragrance so well.

While not sporting the usual purple attire that other Twilight products tend to do, I was initially a little unsure as to whether I appreciated the pink and white design. However, as soon as I submerged myself under the surface of the silky-soft water and took in my surroundings, I realised the beautiful baby pink colour was just what this scent needed to emphasis the sweeter note a little more.


As with all of Lush's reusable bubble bars, this one needs to be held under the running tap to create both the colour and an array of bubbles. Once you feel you have enough of the product in the water, you can pat the bubble spinner down and leave it somewhere to use again and again. I found that I was able to get four really good quality baths out of Mum In A Spin and each experience was vibrant and ladened with bubbles. 

I would just warn you that you should ensure the bubble spinner is definitely dry before leaving it anywhere in between uses.Although I don't for one second think that the colour would stain anything, the pink does tend to drip on surfaces it i left on, and I'm sure most people would like to avoid creating a mess if they can help it.

What was great about Mum In A Spin was that the water was as vibrant as a bubble bar usually offers, which is not something you'd expect from most of Lush's reusables. In addition, the scent was strong enough to remain present throughout the entire experience, and even left a little note of sweetness on my skin afterwards. 

Finally, I was really impressed by how soft and moisturising the water was on my skin. Normally I would choose to add a bath melt to create some much-needed moisture for my skin, and even then I often have to use a body lotion afterwards. After using Mum In A Spin, I felt that my skin was smooth enough to go without a cream, and I went the entire day without applying another to replenish my body.

Ultimately, both this and Fun For All The Family have made me realise the merits of reusable bubble bars, and I am definitely less pessimistic about what the future holds for others with this design. I would definitely buy this one again and only hope it makes an appearance next year.    

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Titanium Dioxide, *Benzyl Alcohol, *Cinnamal, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


Scent Family:
FUN With A Twist
Luxury Pud Bath Bomb
Mum In A Spin Bubble Spinner
Sleepy Body Lotion
Sleepy Hand Cream
Sleepy Naked Shower Gel
Sleepy Shower Bomb
Sleepy Shower Gel
Twilight Bath Bomb
Twilight Liquid Perfume
Twilight Shower Gel
Twilight Shower Jelly
Twilight Solid Perfume

Twilight Sparkle Jar



No comments

Post a Comment


UP