Recently

6 February 2019

Wild Butterfly Bath Bomb




Many years ago, I remember a few Lush fans saving their money to buy an entire wheel of Lush soap at the end of the Christmas season. Grandfather's Clock and Snowcake Castle were just two of the designs that sparked people into calling it artwork as opposed to simply blocks of soap, and the discussion inspired me to envisage which of the thousands of Lush products I would preserve as artwork, if I was given the opportunity to do so. 

Wild Butterfly Bath Bomb would definitely be one such product that I would embalm and preserve if I had the skills to do so - if only to decorate the walls of my house and turn it into a sanctuary for colourful butterflies. Not only one of Lush's more innovative bath bombs to date, this limited edition also happens to be one of the most beautiful, and I would happily marvel over this one on a regular basis.

Sporting an orange and yellow design that reminds me of a beautiful sunrise, this limited editions supposed to share its scent with the Berry Berry Christmas Shower Gel that came out for Christmas two years ago. Whilst this is definitely the case to my nose, there are also a few differences which set this bath bomb apart.

To me, this bath bomb offers a light, crisp fruity aroma - one in which the orange and petitgrain oils work together in unison to produce something fresh and different. Whilst the warmth and the zest of the orange creates a fruity base to work from, the petitgrain gets to work at adding a gentle almost earthy component, that gives this bath bomb a bit of a twist.

As with all three of the Butterfly Bath Bombs in this year's Mother's Day range, this one is a quiet fizzer in the bath tub - instead floating across the surface of the water in an elegant and very colourful dance until it has fully dissolved. Beautiful trails of both orange and yellow colour paint the water whilst Wild Butterfly is dissolving, and what you're left with is a warming shade orange to wash away any stresses you may be carrying at the time.

As with the Rose Butterfly Bath Bomb, Wild Butterfly wasn't as instantly moisturising as some of the other bombs from this year's Mother's Day range. It took a good while for my skin to start feeling moisturised whilst I was in the tub. That's not to say that this product was in any way drying, just that it was not as quick to nourish my skin as some of the other bath bombs have proven to do. 

Having said that, my skin did feel clear and clean after I had bathed for a good hour in its waters, and there was an element of radiance to my skin that I very much appreciated. My complexion in particular really appeared more vibrant and healthy than it had done before, which was an added bonus.

Despite this, I didn't find that the scent was a strong as I would have liked it to be in the water. Perhaps the very nature of the fragrance meant that it was never going to be a smell that resonated outside of the tub. However, I was a little disappointed to find that I didn't smell much on my skin after I had dried myself down, and I still felt the need to moisturise afterwards, so any remaining scent would have been lost after this.

Ultimately, Wild Butterfly Bath Bomb is an innovative design that proves that Lush are once again upping their game in terms of design. And I really appreciated that Lush chose the Berry Berry fragrance to use, as I did enjoy using the shower gel when it was still available. Fans of grounded, more green-like fruity smells will no doubt appreciate the smell of this bath bomb very much, and I only hope that it will make a reappearance sometime in the new future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Petitgrain Oil, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Olive Leaf Absolute, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Cream of Tartar, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, *Citral,*Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 77491, Colour 14700, Colour 19140:1, Colour 47005:1, Colour 19140, Colour 15850:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP