Recently

10 February 2019

Cocoa Sugar Scrub Body Scrub




On the first day of my recent adventure in India, I realised how silly I was to have forgotten to pack a decent scrub in my cosmetics bag. It takes visiting a country such as this to truly realise how quickly the human body can get dirty, and indeed how stubborn dirt can be at coming off when you don't have access to a hot shower or two.

After three weeks away, with layers of dust up my nails and my pores clearly stuffed full of debris, I couldn't wait to dive head first into a long pampering session, topped off with toughest exfoliation I could possibly give myself. Cocoa Sugar Scrub was the perfect remedy for this, and I cannot tell you just how grateful I was that I had access to such an amazing scrub. 

Shaped like a bunny rabbit, this chocolate scented Easter release seems at first like an expensive investment. For something that is primarily sugar, the £4.95 price tag seems a little excessive - especially given how quickly some of Lush's previous releases have perished in the shower. However, I can safely say that this scrub appears to be made of steel, as I have used it a good four to five times so far and it has barely shrunk in size at all.

With cocoa powder as one of the key ingredients, the smell of this is a rather generic but equally as lovely musky, chocolately smell. Along with the vanilla and mimosa absolute, a gentle powerful, floral note lingers delicately underneath, creating a smell that reminds me very slightly of the Cupcake Fresh Face Mask. In all honesty, the scent of this is nothing worth writing home about. However, how it functions in the shower is enough to make me want to buy a whole host of these before they disappear.

To use this, you simply need to glide Cocoa Sugar Scrub across the areas that you wish to exfoliate: doing so in a circular motion to rid the skin of excess dirt and debris. Doing this outside the running water from the shower will definitely prolong the number of uses that you can get out of this. As an extra piece of advice for you, I found that if I left the scrub to be exposed to air for a few weeks before using it, the sugar hardened even more and I was able to make this last even longer. Patience definitely pays off!

Once you have massaged it across you skin, you'll need to store this somewhere in between uses, as it does tend to make a sticky mess if simply left on the side. If you 're someone who doesn't like the idea of this, you could opt to cut the scrub into pieces and simply use a smaller piece every time you fancied a scrub. You could also crumble the sugar scrub into a pot and use it this way as well.

What was amazing about Cocoa Sugar Scrub, which may put other consumers off, is that it's such a coarse scrub: one that you can really scratch your skin with without breaking. The inclusion of the aloe vera then helps to soothe and cool your skin as well, so your skin won't be left irritated or red.

After rinsing the product off of my skin, I found that I was able to detect a gentle musky chocolate smell afterwards, although this was thwarted very quickly after I applied my body lotion. What I will say though is that the results stayed with me for a long time afterwards, and I noticed a considerable improvement in the condition of the skin on my arms and legs after only a single use. 

As I left my Cocoa Sugar Scrub to 'sit' for a few weeks, as well as making a conscious effort not use it directly under the running water, I have been able to get a good ten to twelve full body massages out of it, and I could probably have got a few more if I'd tried. This makes the price tag of this Easter special far more understandable, and definitely good value for money. I will definitely be buying a few more of these before the season is out. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Granulated Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Potato Starch, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Cocoa Powder, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute, Mimosa Absolute, Cocoa Absolute, Fair Trade Colombian Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, *Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Colour 77491, Colour 15850:1.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £4.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP