Recently

15 February 2019

Yummy Mummy Shower Jelly



I think most people who read my blog regularly will recognise probably how excited I felt when I first heard that this product had been created, and that Lush were unleashing it into the world. In fact, I think the only product that could possibly make me more excited were to be if they finally released a perfume or body spray in the same scent.

For a long time, Yummy Mummy has secured its place as my number one scent from Lush. Peeping Santa Bubbleroon very quickly became my favourite bubble bar when it was first released; the Yummy Mummy Shower Cream pushed Ponche out of the way within a matter of days of me using it for the first time; and the rare bottle of liquid perfume I managed to get my hands on became my holy grail whilst it was still in my care. So you can imagine how wonderful it has been to share my shower with the brand new Yummy Mummy Shower Jelly these past couple of weeks.

New to 2019, this limited edition was unveiled back at the end of February as part of Lush's Community release: a section of their website where Lush sell items that have been requested quite prominently within the online community, or products that feature the same scent as the prominent Lushie's favourites. If you appreciate the smell of Yummy Mummy in any way, this limited edition jelly will live up to everything you'd hope it to be.

Sporting the same gorgeous shade of pastel purple, you only need to remove the lid to be engulfed in a thick wholesome smell that stands near on par with that of the aforementioned shower cream. Lush have definitely replicated the fragrance of this very well, and you'll be hard-pressed to find more of a difference between that and the Valentine's Day shower cream.

Containing geranium and orange oils, not to mention a generous helping of tonka absolute, this wonderful jelly has a musky fruity smell with a warming, hazy floral underbite. To my nose, it smells like a powdery strawberry milkshake, with a thick note of creamy vanilla underneath. The geranium then works to elevate the scent a little and add it's own natural sweetness to the mix.

While I wouldn't describe it as an overpowering aroma, there is definitely something very thick and wholesome about the smell of this, and it'll be a scent that either has you falling head over heals in love, or running, nose pinched, in the other direction. As I've made very clear, I'm very much in the former bracket.

To use a shower jelly, you simply need to wet it under the running water of the shower and then massage it across your skin to produce a thick, fragrant lather. While some people prefer to keep the piece in tact, you may wish to cut your jelly into smaller pieces - using one each time you wish to take a shower or bath. 

While I haven't noticed much of the difference in turns of which method uses up the product quicker, you may find it easy to hold and lather when cutting it beforehand. In fact, I did find it mildly easier with a smaller piece in my hand, and I was able to produce much more of light, fluffy lather this way. 

Although Yummy Mummy Shower Jelly doesn't have any cocoa butter in the ingredients list, like the older shower cream has, I still found that this one left my skin feeling super soft and silky smooth. Furthermore, the wonderful aroma clung to my skin for hours after I towelled myself down, which only fuelled my desire for a body spray or perfume.

Ultimately, fans of Yummy Mummy will relish in being able to use their favourite scent in the shower again, and in fairness to the jelly, I can imagine a tub would probably last a similar amount of time to a 500g bottle of the cream, which makes it great value for money. I happen to think that this is one of my all time favourite jellies from Lush, and I'll definitely be grabbing a few more before the limited edition disappears.

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Fresh Strawberry Infusion, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Carrageenan Extract, Perfume, Geranium Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Tonka Absolute, Water (Aqua), Titanium Dioxide, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 17200, Colour 42090, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2019 Price: £9.95 for 240g.

Year Of Original Release: 2019.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP