Recently

13 May 2015

Speedboat FUN Bar

Speedboat FUN is one of those products that I can imagine getting rather overlooked when trying to compete with the more interesting fragrances that Lush have released in this line. In all honesty, this definitely wasn't the first FUN bar I grabbed when I made my initial visit to the store, and it wasn't one I was overly fussed about trying either. That was until I opened the wrapper and discovered something rather magical inside. 

This bar is one of six new and exclusive additions to the FUN family - one that also seems to fit in with the sea-inspired theme that Lush have gone for this time around. While I am unsure why they have chosen this concept, it's a great one to do because it means lots of bright, refreshing scents for me to enjoy. Yay!

Made up of a blue, yellow, orange and red section, this cone-shaped bar has a rather gentle but equally gorgeous lemon aroma. While some people might find the fragrance of this rather boring for their liking, I really appreciate the simplistically of the smell.  

Containing lemon and rosewood oils, this FUN bar smells like lemon icing or a lightly-scented lemon candle. In comparison with other Lush products, I would say this smells like Dad's Garden Lemon Tree Body Spray but with a little more zest and a little less grounding. The rosewood oil gives this product a citrusy aroma with just a subtle hint of wood underneath - a note that makes more of an appearance when the product is in use as to when it's sitting in its wrapper. 

Much like every other of the FUN bars that have come out, Speedboat is really easy to use and can be used in a variety of ways. It can be broken into pieces and crumbled under the running tap - producing a bubble bath much like a bubble bar would do. It can also be lathered into the hair as a replacement for shampoo, although I've never tried this so I cannot vouch whether or not it actually works in this way. 

However, I like to use my FUN as an alternative to shower gel and this is how I chose to use this particular bar. To use, you simply massage a small grape-sized piece between your palms, allowing a little water to get involved, and the FUN bar produces a foam that you can then use to clean yourself with.

Unlike Mermaid, this product was really easy to manipulate between your fingers and it created an impressive amount of light, fluffy foam with very little effort at all. In fact, I was really impressed to discover how little I needed to wash my whole body - a factor that means this FUN bar will last me longer than a 250g bottle would - making it exception value for money. 

When I exited the shower, I also found that the smell lingered on my skin for hours after I had towelled myself down - a factor that I feel is a credit to a product that only set me back £5 to begin with. Furthermore, this smell was wonderfully uplifting and rather delicious - perfect for the warmer months when you want something light but refreshing to take with you into the shower.

As if this wasn't impressive enough, Speedboat also left my skin remarkably soft and clean. In fact, I would say that this FUN bar left my skin feeling cleaner and smoother than some of the recent soaps I have tried out on my skin. Not bad for glorified cornflour, right?

While lustre is listed in the ingredients list, you will not find much of a trace of this in the shower or on your skin. Sometimes I wonder why Lush feel the need to include glitter in so many of their products - especially as you only see the odd speck of this when you look closely at the surface of the bar.  

Overall, this is one of my all-time favourite FUN bars and one that I will definitely buy again. Although some Lush fans will no doubt find this rather two-dimentional and perhaps a little 'boring' for their sophisticated tastes, I happen to really love the naturally fresh and sweet fruity smell that it offers - a perfect addition to my summer collection. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour (Zea mays), Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil (Backhousia Citriodora), Silica, Glacier Blue Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 42090), Citral, Linalool, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 77000, Colour 15510, Colour 14700, Colour 4700. 


Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £5 for 200g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 


3 comments

  1. I can't wait for your review of the Aliens and monsters fun! I have a roll on its way over and a bottle of LOM shower cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds right up my ally, I love the smell of lemons and I'm obsessed with FUN. Now if only I could get to the Oxford Street shop...

    The Vegan Taff | Cruelty-free beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel I must point out you have called this product 'Steamboat' on the previous page and 'Speedboat' on this page.

    ReplyDelete


UP