Recently

5 November 2018

Butterbear Shower Jelly





It was only when I started using this that I realised how strange it was that Lush had never released such a product beforehand. One of Lush's most popular bath bombs, Butterball is a staple in every store, and is perhaps the oldest existing bath bomb to still be available on the shelves. As they have such a simple scent, this family of products are easily accessible to most people, and perfect for somebody who doesn't want to overwhelmed with a more potent-smelling experience.

Butterbear Shower Jelly is a brand new release for this year's Christmas range, and comes in the shape of the gorgeous, wobbly bear. Even twisting off the lid brings delight as you discover what position your adopted bear will be residing in. I couldn't resist a giggle when I discovered that mine looked a little like myself after a hard day's work. 

Containing a generous helping of cocoa butter, you can immediately smell the chocolately goodness upon first sniff. Coupled with the synthetic musk, which adds a creamy, vanillary layer to the scent, this shower jelly smells exactly like many of the other products that have been released with the same aroma. It's like a warm, sultry-sweet pudding that keeps on giving and giving. Alongside these two ingredients, the ylang ylang adds a delicate floral note, which helps to elevate the cocoa butter a little so it's not so sickly.

While slightly smaller than the regular 100g jellies, the shape of Butterbear makes him mildly easier to use. I didn't find that I dropped my shower jelly even once during use, which was especially good when I was showering in the gym every morning and at a risk of losing my bear to the cubical next door.

What was super impressive about this limited edition was the fact that it lathered up a treat: producing light, fluffy and very fragrant foamy bubbles to massage across my skin with. As it was so generous, I was able to keep him mostly out of the way of the running water, which helped to prolong his life a lot more.

After using Butterbear Shower Jelly, I was impressed to find that my skin and hands felt really moisturised: smooth and replenished. The cocoa butter definitely helped to make this shower jelly one of the more successful ones to date, and my winter-kissed skin was incredibly grateful for this.

Despite its size, I found that this shower jelly took a long time before it began to shrink. I think the fact that I was able to massage it for only a short period of time, because of how generous it was, meant that it extended the life of this little beauty tenfold. Having used it every day after my gym session, my bear has barely shrunk, and I can imagine it will still be going strong in a month or two.

My only gripe with this seasonal special was the fact that there wasn't much of a fragrance left on my skin afterwards. While many Lush fans are blessed with the recent release of Butterball Body Lotion, I was at least expecting a mild scent to linger on my hair and body. However, I found myself needing to top up with the body conditioner or body lotion to keep the aroma going throughout the rest of the day.

For £3.95, this is perhaps the perfect stocking filler for adults and kids alike. Not only does the cocoa butter help to make the experience of using this super beneficial for your skin, but the novelty factor is also equally appealing. This is definitely one that I can imagine many people stocking up on this year, and I know I'll be hoping to grab a couple more myself.   

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Carrageenan Extract, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Ylang Ylang Oil, Synthetic Musk.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 for 65g.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Angel Hair Solid Shampoo Bar
Butterball Bath Bomb
Butterball Body Conditioner
Butterball Body Lotion
Butterball Liquid Perfume
Butterball Perfume Oil
Butterball Shower Gel
Butterbear Bath Ballistic
Butterbear Shower Jelly
The Ex Factor Bath Bomb
Gentle Lentil Solid Shampoo
Peace Pioneers Shower Oil
The Snowman Ballistic


No comments

Post a Comment


UP