Recently

25 November 2013

Fizzbanger Bath Bomb




Fizzbanger, much like So White, is one of those bath bombs that tends to get overlooked because it's not very visually attractive. However, just like So White, it's one of those bath bombs that has a lot to offer.  

Known as the 'Big Friendly Ballistic', this bath bomb is inspired by Roald Dahl's BFG. As the blues and yellows whirl and froth around the tub, and the popping candy adds the sound effects, you cannot help but imagine the wonderful fantasy world of Dahl's best-beloved character - making you instantly fall in love with this product.

The ballistic contains cinnamon leaf oil, Petitgrain oil, ylang ylang oil and gardenia, which meant that I was expecting a spicy, floral scent. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that the bath bomb smelt more like lemon green tea than anything else. There's a very refreshing element to the lemon scent here, and sides more with the natural, savoury lemongrass fragrance than the likes of sweet smelling lemon products such as Lemslip Buttercream or Bohemian Soap
When I did some research, I also discovered that this bath ballistic shares it's scent with Lush's perfume, Love, which I had on hand to compare. Although I could smell the similarities there, I feel that the perfume has a stronger scent, which means it's not as fresh smelling as the bath bomb but it's equally as beautiful. It also means that the layers of the fragrance are more pronounced in the bath bomb, making it more enjoyable and relaxing for the user. 

Lush claim that the bath bomb has been created with the apple part of the fragrance for the outer layers and cinnamon notes as the inner core. I was impressed then when I popped this bad boy into the water and could detect the different layers of scent as they made themselves known.

When dropped into the water the ballistic begins to dissolve very slowly leaving a trail of yellow foam on the surface of the bath water. This is when I was able to make out the fruity, apple scent - one that differs from So White by having a slightly sour element to it. As it continued to dissolve, mounds of deep blue foam began to spew out of the ballistic and this caused the water to change from a yellow colour into more of a turquoise shade. As the two colours continued to froth across the surface, they created an abundance of magical swirls of vibrant colour across the water, which in turn turned the water into a gorgeous shade of green underneath the foam.
As if that wasn't magical enough, this bath ballistic also features popping candy inside, and while the bath bomb was throwing colour across the tub, you could also hear the crackle and pop of the candy getting to work at the bottom of the tub. Just when I thought the experience was over, Lush surprised me once more by including little pieces of paper with the word 'bang' etched on them, which made their way to the surface to found off the whole magical experience. 

Although some may argue that these little touches are pointless, I think it makes Lush even more endearing and enjoyable for the user, and I really appreciated the gesture.

On the negative side, the scent did seem to fade quite quickly once the bath bomb had fully dissolved and by the end, it was very weak indeed. However, I was in the bath I loooooooong time, so it more than served it's purpose and it could just be because I had become accustomed to the smell that I could no longer detect it, when in fact it might have still been there.

After getting out of the bath, my skin felt really lovely and soft. The scent did linger on my skin for quite a while but it wasn’t really a strong scent and was soon overpowered by my body lotion. It would work in Lush's favour if they were to bring out a cream in the same scent as not only can I see it working really well in that format, but it would also be the perfect accompaniment for this bath bomb.

This is not one of my all-time favourite bath bombs, but it is definitely one I want to indulge myself in again and again. This would be lovely first thing in the morning to perk you up for the day ahead, or in the summer time when you need to revitalise your senses after a hot day.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Water, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Petitgrain Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090, Colour 19140.




2 comments

  1. If you've ever had Pumpkin Juice from Harry Potter World, it smells just like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm from Canada and am trying to make a lush budget for my trip to oxford street for the first time. I see you have this product list as 3.35, and the uk website has it as 3.75. Are they cheaper in store or has lush changed their prices since your review?

    Also, trying to make any sort of lush budget is way too difficult - I want everything haha!

    ReplyDelete


UP