Recently

6 November 2013

Pumkin Bubble Bar




For those of you who are aware of what Lush have released this year as part of their seasonal range, you may feel as if you're seeing double when you cast your eyes upon the Pumkin Bubble Bar. Although extremely cute, I was a little miffed to find that Lush had chosen to feature a reincarnation of a product that had only made its debut earlier in the year as part of their Mother's Day collection. That was until I discovered that it had offered a completely different scent... 

The Pumkin, originally presented in red and called Mumkin, is a bubble bar with a light, sweet and rather creamy floral aroma. Decorated with a liquorice top and two vegan chocolate chip eyes, you'd be mistaken for thinking the product is near on identical to the Mumkin Bubble Bar. However, they are both very different and both very beautiful in their own way.

Containing a mixture of orange flower and soft ylang ylang, this bubble bar gives off a delicate, floral fragrance that shares its scent with the rather popular  Figs And Leaves Soap. While I appreciate the fragrance, I have never been one to enjoy using soaps of any kind, no matter how great they smell. For this reason, I am ecstatic that I can enjoy this aroma in a format that suits me far better.

While the now-discontinued bubble bar, Dorothy, also pertains the same aroma, Pumkin has far more to offer in terms of moisture, colour and generosity of bubbles, and I found from experience that this fragrance appears far more warming and comforting when in this format.

Containing ylang ylang and orange flower absolute, you'd expect the smell of this to be a straight forward floral aroma. However, much like the soap of the same fragrance, what you actually experience is a combination of sweet, gentle floral undertones, with a delicate creaminess about it that reminds me very slightly of coconut. This is mixed with a little syrup-like note that must come from the inclusion of figs in the perfume.

As with most of my bubble bars, I crumbled the whole thing under running water and watched with amazement at how quickly the bath filled up with thick, wholesome bubbles. This betters from Mumkin in that it turns your bath water a gorgeous, rusty orange colour, which is a perfect accompaniment on a cold, dark night. In fact, it was one of the most vivid experiences I have had in a while, and I found it difficult to leave the tub once I was settled.  

Given the size and productivity of this bubble bar, you could easily halve or third this, and use this across multiple baths. Given how wonderfully robust the smell is when in use, I would say that if you do share this between baths, you'll still get a strong-smelling and very colour bath to enjoy each time.

What was even more impressive was that both the water and the bubbles felt wonderful on my skin. The latter was fluffy and fragrant, and cocooned me like a warm winter blanket; the former was silky-soft and felt almost creamy when I swirled my hands around the water. Once I had towelled myself down, I didn't feel as if I needed to moisturise myself as my skin was already smooth and radiant. 

While I would say that the scent wasn't very strong in the bath, when compared to other Lush bubble bars, I feel as if this is because of the nature of the smell we're working with here, not because of a product fault. Figs And Leaves is quite a gentle smell to begin with, and this is exactly what you smell when you're bathing in the tub.

Despite it not being a potent smell, it lingered for some time in the room and stayed on my skin for a little while after I was dry - leaving a slight floral scent on my clothes. As to be expected with Lush bubble bars, Pumkin really moisturised the skin and left me feeling smooth, shiny and hydrated without feeling greasy or oily. It also elevated my mood a little and left me feeling really pampered, which helped me to drift off into one of the best sleeps I've had in a long while. 


Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Gardenia Extract, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Linalool, Colour 15510, Dairy Free Chocolate Drops, Candy Leaf, Liquorice Piece.

Vegan: Yes.


2017 Price: Not For Sale Individually.

Year Of Original Release: 2013.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP