Recently

24 November 2013

Limited Edition Lush Scents

It was around this time last year when my love of Lush reached new extremes and began to be more of an obsession. I found myself checking the website most days and trawling through the hundreds of threads on the international forum, interested in reading about any up-and-coming products, or simply those from the past that I so desperately wanted to try. 

It was also around this time last year that Lush released their limited edition 'forum party' perfumes for the first time since I had become a full-blown Lushie. At the time, my knowledge and experience of the products were rather limited, so aside from the 'must have' Comforter and Creamy Candy perfumes, I opted out of buying any of the others. I would later regret this decision when I discovered how wonderful the other fragrances were; I would now consider Snowcake, Rose Jam and Twilight to be three of my all-time favourite Lush scents.  

Fast forward to 2013 and I get wind of an upcoming perfume release; five limited edition perfumes, four of which have been featured as forum specials in the past and one brand new addition that has never been released as a perfume before.

Straight away my mind utters two phrases - Day of the Dead and Ponche. The former (also known as Calacas) is easily my second favourite scent after The Comforter. Although I have an almost full bottle of the stuff already, I had been using it very scrupulously in fear that I'd run out, so being able to stock up would have been a godsend. 

Secondly, I hoped and prayed that Ponche would be the new perfume, even though it didn't seem to be a popular suggestion from other Lush fans. Ever since I had tried that boozy-citrusy shower gel last Christmas, I had fallen in love, and the thought of being able to spray myself and enjoy the scent throughout the entire day sounded heavenly. 


So when I was presented with these five little beauties, my heart was in my mouth and my bank balance was already groaning under the strain. 

I am ecstatically happy about Calacas and Ponche, and equally excited about Snow Fairy; it is a favourite scent of mine (number six, I believe) but often gets overshadowed by The Comforter, Karma and Calacas. It's one of Lush's biggest sellers during the Christmas period, and I'm sure, like me, is a product that draws customers into their shops and turns them into life-long addicts. This will be much appreciated by fans around the world although I think Lush are silly not to present these in shops as they would probably sell by the bucket load.

I appreciate that Lush have brought back both Rose Jam and Snowcake from last year; I know that both fragrances play an important role in the Christmas range this year, and I'm glad I can finally get my hands on a few bottles of each to keep me going for a while. However, I am a little disappointed that Lush didn't opt to release two perfumes that haven't been seen in a while: Cinders would have made a great option as it's a very popular scent and cinnamon is very heavily featured in this year's Christmas products (Glogg, Spice Mountain, Hot Toddy).

Although I am happy with the range and excited to get my greedy little mitts on these bottles of 'liquid gold', I wish that Lush had included more original scents in their range - I would love to have seen Angels Delight, Let The Good Times Roll or Gold FUN embodied as a perfume. 

Needless to say, I have gone a little overboard and brought eighteen bottles to keep me going. Some might say that that's a little extreme but that's what savings are for, right? 

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

No comments

Post a Comment


UP