Recently

15 November 2013

Imogen Rose Liquid Perfume


Before I began buying and using Lush products religiously, I would never have considered myself a fan of rose-scented products. It's one of those smells, as is lavender, that I used to associate with, what I can only describe as 'Old lady scents'. Those highly floral, over-powering smells that linger in and around your Grandma's home, may not seem like the first choice for someone my age, as they are not always very youthful. This is where Imogen Rose is different. 

First released in 2010, Imogen Rose is a damask rose fragrance with bergamot, vetiver, ambrette seed, tonka bean and iris root. Priced at £40 for a 30ml bottle, it is one of Lush's dearest perfumes to date. But don't let the price tag put you off...

An initial sniff gives a good indication of what to expect with this perfume: a strong floral scent reminiscent of dried rose petals intertwined with the powdery sweetness of talcum powder and the aromatic elements of tonka. Surprisingly, this is a rather youthful-smelling perfume, something I was not expecting at all.   

Imogen Rose is definitely one of the strongest-smelling Lush perfumes I have yet to come across, some may even find this perfume rather over-bearing as it is far from subtle. It is a beautiful, musky scent that has the staying power of over six hours, making it one of the most effective perfumes I have used to date. If you're wearing this, expect to get noticed, as I had so many enquiries and compliments about the scent. 

Yet again, Lush have harvested a handful of ingredients to not only produce a gorgeous perfume, but one that has other redeeming qualities as well; Rose Oil comes from the flower petals of the damask rose and, on the skin, has an amazing ability to moisturise and improve the skins appearance; Vetivert Oil gives the perfume that earthy fragrance and helps to soothe worried minds; Orris Butter adds a woody aroma and helps the perfume to linger on the skin; ambrette seed oozes erotic musks that gives the perfume it's unique smell. 

Overall, I feel really bad giving this perfume only a five rating as it is definitely one of my favourite Lush products, as well as one of my top 10 Lush perfumes of all time. Not only has it altered my opinion on rose-scented cosmetics, it has also encouraged me to try other products that I would not have previously considered.   

However, I feel that it's a strong scent and not necessarily a universal fragrance, meaning I have to choose carefully if and when to wear it. For example, I don't think this scent goes well with hot weather as it can become overpowering and musky.  It is for this reason that I have rated it slightly less.

Quantative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Candelilla Wax, Perfume, Ambrette Seed Oil, Vetivert Oil, Tonka Absolute, Orris Butter, Bergamot Oil, Rose Oil, Rose Absolute, Titanium Dioxide, *Citral, Coumarin, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, *Citronellol, Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 15850, Colour 73360.

Vegan?: Yes

2015 Price: £20 for 10ml, £40 for 30ml.

Scent Family:
Imogen Rose Liquid Perfume
Imogen Rose Solid Perfume


4 comments

  1. Hi Jen!
    Is this perfume a long lasting one? How long would you guess does the scent lingers on the skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This perfume is probably an average 'stay' - it's strong when you put it on and probably lasts a good 3-4 before I cannot detect it on my skin. However, I often spray it on myself on the way to work and if I have a scalf or anything, I find that I can smell it some 9 hours later when I put my scalf back on to go home, so I assume that others can still smell this on you even if you can't :)

      Delete
  2. Great! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this informative information about Ambrette Seed Oil with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete


UP