Recently

27 February 2018

Chamomile Lawn Soap



Out of every single person that I have in my life, I am definitely the one that needs calming down the most. That's not to say that I haven't been making steps towards unburdening myself with the physical and mental trappings of a thirty-something year old. However, no matter how much meditation I incorporate into my life; or how I've left my career to relieve my body of stress, my mind simply refuses to gift me with a decent night's sleep.

Therefore, any products Lush bring out that feature either lavender or frankincense, and I find myself all over them - hoping that they will at least relieve me of some of my pent-up tension and anxiety, and offer me a much calmer environment to conduct my day around.

When Chamomile Lawn Soap was unleashed into the world, the 'lover of smells' in me informed my brain that this wouldn't be a very interesting release overall; while the insomniac in me revered at the possibility of feeling far less tired once this was in my shower.    

This Mother's Day limited edition is one of four soaps that have been created using a 3D printer, which doesn't do anything for the productivity of the soap, but does offer something a little unique and different to indulge in. While not the prettiest of the four, there is something rather lovely (and old-fashioned) about the flowers etched into the beautiful green background. I can imagine this looking beautiful as an ornament on somebody's mantelpiece, and if I knew that soaps didn't dry and shrink over time, I probably would have kept mine to do just that.

As the ingredients list near enough spells out, this chamomile and lavender dominated soap smells of just that: a natural, herbal lavender note intertwined with the cooling presence of chamomile. While not a replica, the best product to compare the scent of this to is Dream Cream Body Lotion, which has a very relaxing, sensual herbal aroma. The difference however, is that this soap has more of a green thread throughout, especially when you use it in the shower - which reminds me of walking through a field rife with flowers, after a heavy bout of rain.

The inclusion of both lavender oil and lavender absolute means that this soap is amazing at calming irritated skin. After my recent trip to Sri Lanka, I found that the sun had caused small areas of heated skin across my body. Two days after using this in the shower with me, I found that these patches had all but disappeared.

Coupled with the chamomile infusion and oil, this soap is for those with more sensitive skin types. Everything you find here will help to reduce irritation - cleaning your skin without being too acidic, and clearing out your pores without being too invasive and tough. I would even say that you could successfully use this on your face as well.  


Given the nature of this product, this would be very suited as a hand soap as well. The ingredients would clean away anything unwanted whilst also working on softening and soothing your hands without irritating your pores alongside this. In fact, the nature of how pretty the soap looks on display convinced me to do just this as an initial couple of uses in the shower.

Chamomile Lawn is incredibly easy to lather up and produces light, fluffy soap suds to clean your skin with. Although it didn't dry my skin out at all (thanks to the inclusion of the cocoa butter for extra nourishment), I found that I did need to moisturise afterwards. This is where pairing the soap with Dream Cream would be the perfect combination.

Unlike some of the other Mother's Day soaps, I found that this one didn't shrink as quickly as I was expecting. While I'd still retain that you pat it dry between uses, and store it somewhere cool, I have much more faith that the longevity of this is on par with most average soaps. I've been using my piece for a good ten days now and it has only shrunk the tiniest of amounts.

While this is not a soap I would ever rave about, it is definitely am underdog in many ways. It cleans and soothes your skin; possesses a wonderfully calming scent to fall asleep to afterwards; and has a design that is worth celebrating on at least some scale. I am happy for the one piece I am currently using, and I would definitely buy another piece if the opportunity arose at some point in the future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Propylene, Glycol, German Chamomile Infusion, Water (Aqua), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil, Lavender Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Neroli Oil, Glycerine, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 47005:1, Colour 42090:2, Colour 47005, Colour 19140, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP